Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help with a question.

I've been with a woman from uzbekistan for about 3 years, been there already and such. She's going to come in June through a work travel visa. We want to get married here in the states, i live in virginia but will be moving to Tennessee before she comes. How exactly do i go about this, i have searched the site but still unclear. Pretty much what i am needing is what documents do i/we need to fill before and after wedding. And how long do we have to change the status of her work visa to a resident one until we get everything ready to apply for green card. We just can't stand being apart anymore. But at the same time want to do everything the right way.

I've been with a woman from uzbekistan for about 3 years, been there already and such. She's going to come in June through a work travel visa. We want to get married here in the states, i live in virginia but will be moving to Tennessee before she comes. How exactly do i go about this, i have searched the site but still unclear. Pretty much what i am needing is what documents do i/we need to fill before and after wedding. And how long do we have to change the status of her work visa to a resident one until we get everything ready to apply for green card. We just can't stand being apart anymore. But at the same time want to do everything the right way.

Comment

If you plan to get married in State, then you should start collecting some documents which will help you.
      1. You know her since three years. How?
      2. Have you visited her, do you have your ticket stubs?
      3. Do you have letters? exchange between two of you?
      4. Do you have photos of both of you
      5. What is your status in the U.S.? Are you a Citizen?
      6. Then you will be able to get married.
      7. You will need to file forms; I-130+I485+G-325A+I864+I-765+Medical.
      and Fee in U.S. $
      go to USCIS, and clike on the forms, see the title and form numbers I hope they are correct.
      Then request by mail read the instructions carefully, and if you have any questions come back on this board. wish you best of luck.

Any suggestion in this matter from board members please.

Comment

1. I met her online, through icq.
        2. I have visted her a few times, 2 weeks at a time there and i do have ticket studs
        3. We have letters and emails and gifts valentines, christmas and such including packages that it came in.

4. we do have photos

5. I am a natural born citizen

Thanks for the forms.

Comment

I was mistaken its a J1 visa not an HB1 not sure if that changes things. And one more thing is in uzbekistan when one gets a passport they turn in there birth certificate.

Comment

well we decided against the J1, seeing how shes not sure when she can see her parents again we decided to marry over there. But the question i ask is that she has a an interview in two weeks and 1 off the questions besides how with met for the LOI will be what is the reason for inviting me . Should she just tell them the real reason or what?. We still have K1 has as another option

Comment

any suggestions

Comment

Hello Kurt

Since she has an interview , a tourist visa would be appropriate. it will take care of explaining her reason to come to usa without having to implicte her relationship with you.

Just show the interview information and that should justify her getting the visa.

Perhaps while you she is here visiting, Your relationship will intensify and on the spur of the moment.. well what do you know... You just got married and didnt see it coming.

Otherwise only option is k-1 and she will end up spending passage twice. or K-3 if you get married while here and then she returns to country to wait for paperwork.

Comment

you may have misunderstood my last post. We are going to get married in her country. She has to prepare me an LOI as we can't marry on a tourist visa over their. She's going to have a interview about it and we are kinda wondering since that one of the question is going to be on what is the reason for the LOI, should we just tell them its for marraige or something else.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation