Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got my permanent GC w/o interview, even after my divorce!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my permanent GC w/o interview, even after my divorce!

Im new here, but I used to read a lot of your opinions, and it was helpful. I want to share my experience myself. I got married with my ex-husband who was a US citizen. It was not a sham marriage, just the usual meeting in our country, I used to know him when we were still young since he always went to visit our country. In short we got married. I went to Germany to meet him (his dad was in the military and they were stationed there, my ex was even born there!) the wierd thing is I came here in the US first before him by a visitors visa, and it was approved even if the embassy in Germany knew that my husband is a USC. But he came anyway and we lived with my mom (we don't have too much money before and his credit is bad) anyway my ex filed petition here and we had our first interview in february 2004 ( it was not approved during the interview and it was pending though they sent me the conditional PR card on May2004). After that things got bad, my ex was a helpless gambler and used all our savings without telling me for gambling, He was so lazy to the point that he stayed home all day just playing games, while I work 16 hours everyday. In short we got divorce, even before 2 years was up, but I did not care I was fed up. when 90 days before expiration of conditional GC came, I contacted a lwayer, the lawyer was reluctant since I don't have too much evidence of ou marriage and Im already divorced(we were living with my mom back then, no bills, credit cards, checking account or house and car in botH our name) only JOINT TAX RETURN FOR 2 YEARS, ONE SAVINGS ACCOUNT THAT WAS CLOSED, 2 AFFIDAVITS FROM MY MOM AND A FRIEND AND PITCURES OF OUR WEDDING AND SOME DURING OUR MARRIAGE AND CAR INSURANCE BOTH IN OUR NAMES. So we have to file a waiver for joint filing. My lawyer told me also that its guaranteed I will be interviewed, I was ready for it. We filed it on April 22, 2006 and I got my NOA on May 08, 2006. On July 08 my mom told me she recieved a letter from immigration and when I read it, I cant believe it, my application for removal of condition was approved and now a permanent resident without condition and just getting ready to get my I-551. Green Card will come in 6 months. they prcocessed my application for 2 1/2 months, that was fast! I guess INS is really full of surprises!

Im new here, but I used to read a lot of your opinions, and it was helpful. I want to share my experience myself. I got married with my ex-husband who was a US citizen. It was not a sham marriage, just the usual meeting in our country, I used to know him when we were still young since he always went to visit our country. In short we got married. I went to Germany to meet him (his dad was in the military and they were stationed there, my ex was even born there!) the wierd thing is I came here in the US first before him by a visitors visa, and it was approved even if the embassy in Germany knew that my husband is a USC. But he came anyway and we lived with my mom (we don't have too much money before and his credit is bad) anyway my ex filed petition here and we had our first interview in february 2004 ( it was not approved during the interview and it was pending though they sent me the conditional PR card on May2004). After that things got bad, my ex was a helpless gambler and used all our savings without telling me for gambling, He was so lazy to the point that he stayed home all day just playing games, while I work 16 hours everyday. In short we got divorce, even before 2 years was up, but I did not care I was fed up. when 90 days before expiration of conditional GC came, I contacted a lwayer, the lawyer was reluctant since I don't have too much evidence of ou marriage and Im already divorced(we were living with my mom back then, no bills, credit cards, checking account or house and car in botH our name) only JOINT TAX RETURN FOR 2 YEARS, ONE SAVINGS ACCOUNT THAT WAS CLOSED, 2 AFFIDAVITS FROM MY MOM AND A FRIEND AND PITCURES OF OUR WEDDING AND SOME DURING OUR MARRIAGE AND CAR INSURANCE BOTH IN OUR NAMES. So we have to file a waiver for joint filing. My lawyer told me also that its guaranteed I will be interviewed, I was ready for it. We filed it on April 22, 2006 and I got my NOA on May 08, 2006. On July 08 my mom told me she recieved a letter from immigration and when I read it, I cant believe it, my application for removal of condition was approved and now a permanent resident without condition and just getting ready to get my I-551. Green Card will come in 6 months. they prcocessed my application for 2 1/2 months, that was fast! I guess INS is really full of surprises!

Comment

I sounds like USCIS made an error by removing conditions and issuing you a permanent GC as you are not eligible. When you apply for citizenship, USCIS will reexamine your immigration history and can easily discover their mistake. Not only they can deny N400, they can revoke your GC as fraudulently obtained and put you in deportation proceedings.

Comment

ANOTHER FRAUDSTER BEATS THE SYSTEM !!!!

Comment

To Aibolit,

For what reason? I Did not commit any crime or enterd into a sham marriage, and its not impossible to remove conditions without an interview as long as the immigration officer belived that the marriage was in good faith. but that was your opinion, I posted here to give hope to some people with the same case as mine

Comment

THAT WAS NOT FRAUD!!!! CAUSE WE EVEN HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!! i GUESS i FORGOT TO MENTION THAT!!!!

Comment

AND SINCE WE HAVE A DAUGHTER THAT MY EX DOES NOT EVEN SUPPORT BECAUSE OF HIS GAMBLING AND OTHER HABITS SUCH AS DRUGS, NOW TELL ME THAT EVERYTHING IS FRAUD!!!!!

Comment

Hey - Immigration made the decision - not you. You turned in what you needed to and they made the decision. Just never mind and keep going. You can apply for citizenship when it is your time.

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Yes I am sure the goverment will admit THEY made a mistake and reward you accordingly.

Dragonlady you are a riot!

Comment

Sugarpoof: Actually, they do admit they made mistakes but that is not what my post says at all. It is not up to you to decide that they made a mistake. You do not have all the information on why they made that decision. They reviewed her information, made a decision and hurray for her.

What happened to your 'ten year ban' which goes with everything you post?

And as with anything in America you can appeal and sue. So if she is denied citizenship, she can sue.

Comment

SUE?!

Yeah that will work! Especially from outside of the U.S.!

Comment

Aibolit,

How do you figure that USCIS made a mistake and that the OP was ineligible for conditions to be removed from her PR?
                        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

good for you best wishes thats one for the good guys...

Comment

I am confused why some of your think,what she did was fraud or INS made a mistake.
                            She was married,and wanted her conditonal removed,while she was divorced.She filled the waiver...sent some proof.And they decided it was enough removed her conditonal.So its no brainer really.
                            She did not do nothing wrong and INS did not make any mistake.

Comment

I hope she has a miserable life and burns in hell after she dies; I HATE FRAUDSTERS !!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation