X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Immigrants have allegiance to no country but Mexico

This message was posted by a native-born Mexican-American:

Last Sunday I took my son to the Coliseum in Los Angeles for what I thought would be a great opportunity to witness soccer at its best. What we witnessed instead was a shameful display of hooliganism, vulgarity and disrespect. Never had I been so ashamed to be a Mexican-American.

My son and I were pelted with beer, soda and God knows what else for having had the temerity to display an American flag and cheer for our team. I watched with dread as I saw my son's eyes filled with confusion at the disrespect displayed while our national anthem was played even though we stood at attention for the Mexican anthem.

I was further saddened to have him witness the physical and verbal abuse heaped on Team USA by the "fans." I was speechless after the game when my son asked . . . why? On behalf of all Mexican-Americans who were there, I apologize to those abused, including Preki, Wynalda, et al. But most of all I apologize to my son.

That's not the way it's supposed to be.

FRANK RODRIGUEZ
    Covina

This message was posted by a native-born Mexican-American:

Last Sunday I took my son to the Coliseum in Los Angeles for what I thought would be a great opportunity to witness soccer at its best. What we witnessed instead was a shameful display of hooliganism, vulgarity and disrespect. Never had I been so ashamed to be a Mexican-American.

My son and I were pelted with beer, soda and God knows what else for having had the temerity to display an American flag and cheer for our team. I watched with dread as I saw my son's eyes filled with confusion at the disrespect displayed while our national anthem was played even though we stood at attention for the Mexican anthem.

I was further saddened to have him witness the physical and verbal abuse heaped on Team USA by the "fans." I was speechless after the game when my son asked . . . why? On behalf of all Mexican-Americans who were there, I apologize to those abused, including Preki, Wynalda, et al. But most of all I apologize to my son.

That's not the way it's supposed to be.

FRANK RODRIGUEZ
    Covina

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources