X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

I had two different experiences today. A little background. I am a u.s. citizen who was transferred to mexico for the past 4 years. In that 4 years I met my wife and we were married 2.5 years ago. We also have two children who are u.s. citizens. My wife has a normal tourist visa....

I will be transferred back to the u.s. shortly. I called the cancun consulate who basically said tough luck your wife will not be able to enter for about a year...

I called the govt who made it sound quite easy. File the i30 the g325a and because she has a visa she will be able to move back and forth... does anyone have any advise or experience with anything like this?? any hints or pitfalls?

Hi,

I had two different experiences today. A little background. I am a u.s. citizen who was transferred to mexico for the past 4 years. In that 4 years I met my wife and we were married 2.5 years ago. We also have two children who are u.s. citizens. My wife has a normal tourist visa....

I will be transferred back to the u.s. shortly. I called the cancun consulate who basically said tough luck your wife will not be able to enter for about a year...

I called the govt who made it sound quite easy. File the i30 the g325a and because she has a visa she will be able to move back and forth... does anyone have any advise or experience with anything like this?? any hints or pitfalls?

Comment

***p

Comment

You have the option to file I-130 in Mexico (so, called Direct Consular Filling), which is usualy far the best route. However, it takes forever to get an interview date in Mexico, so I guess, even DCF can take a year.

The answer you got from Govt (?): - the idea is that your wife can visit you while she is waiting for an immigrant visa. As with all entries on non-immigrant visa, an alien has to convince imm. officer at the POE that she/he will not stay in the US longer than allowed. Your wife has clear immigrant intent...and it will be up to the imm. officer if he/she will believe your wife that she will return to Mexico after a visit... I heard stories where the alien spouses in similar circumstences were allowed to visit, but also the stories where they were refused entry...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation