Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400

I am a LPR in the process of filling out my N-400 application. There is a question in part 8.E.3. that asks spouse's immigration status. Well my spouse had a B-2 visa, but overstayed about 10 years ago. She has never been in trouble with the police or had any further contact with USCIS. What do I write in this space? Should I just write B-2 visa overstay? Will I have any problem if I write this?

I am a LPR in the process of filling out my N-400 application. There is a question in part 8.E.3. that asks spouse's immigration status. Well my spouse had a B-2 visa, but overstayed about 10 years ago. She has never been in trouble with the police or had any further contact with USCIS. What do I write in this space? Should I just write B-2 visa overstay? Will I have any problem if I write this?

Comment

Will I have any problem if I write this?
      You won't, but she might. You don't have a choice though, as one shall not lie to USCIS, or else (like denial of N400).

Comment

What is your problem?
        Get your USC and file I-130 for your wife.
        And, most certainly, you must state in your current N-400 application what your wifes' current status is.

Good Luck !

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I also felt this would be the correct way to fill in/answer the question. I know it's not a good idea to lie on the application and would never do it. thanks again.

Comment

No problem.

Get your USC and then sponsor your wife.
            Everything will be allright.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed