X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization Question

Hi,

I have my naturalization interview in a couple of weeks and after reading some posts in this forum I am really pesimistic. I've been in this country for 10 years as a PR and I am a veteran of the US Navy. While I was in the navy in 2003 I had a fight with my now ex-husband and I was charged with a misdemeanor and was placed on probation for 12 months. I took domestic violence classes paid for the Navy and had the charges dropped after the probation time passed. I applied for Citizenship as a US Veteran of the Iraqui war on Jan 2006, it was supposed to be expedite processing but they took almost 2 years. While I was waiting for a citizenship interview I got married and had a baby and left the US for one year, but during that time I kept coming to the US so I didn't overstayed. I am back in the US and I just got my appointment for Nov 5th. The only document they are asking for is my original navy discharge papers. I want to know what are my possibilities of getting my citizenship?? I just want to get that over with. Everybody in my family is a citizen and I am the only one left.

ps I sent all the court documents with my N-400 application.

Hi,

I have my naturalization interview in a couple of weeks and after reading some posts in this forum I am really pesimistic. I've been in this country for 10 years as a PR and I am a veteran of the US Navy. While I was in the navy in 2003 I had a fight with my now ex-husband and I was charged with a misdemeanor and was placed on probation for 12 months. I took domestic violence classes paid for the Navy and had the charges dropped after the probation time passed. I applied for Citizenship as a US Veteran of the Iraqui war on Jan 2006, it was supposed to be expedite processing but they took almost 2 years. While I was waiting for a citizenship interview I got married and had a baby and left the US for one year, but during that time I kept coming to the US so I didn't overstayed. I am back in the US and I just got my appointment for Nov 5th. The only document they are asking for is my original navy discharge papers. I want to know what are my possibilities of getting my citizenship?? I just want to get that over with. Everybody in my family is a citizen and I am the only one left.

ps I sent all the court documents with my N-400 application.

Comment

Your application has a very high possibility of getting approved, I suppose. You've long satisfied the minimum "physical presence" requirement, hence your recent absences won't account for any violation. The officer apparently had you glide past the "good moral character" burden because your offense (resolved as it was) occurred way clear of the "one-year statutory period" prior to your filing of Form N-400. She/he would surely want only the documentation that you were honorably discharged from the Service. Give us the feedback after your interview.

Comment

Thank you soooo much, I feel at ease now, I will keep you posted on what happened. Have a nice day

Comment

Welcome, glad to help. Best of luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs