Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd fingerprint appt

Wooohooo...I don't quite believe it yet but the USCIS has just sent me a 2nd fingerprint notice. This most likely means they have finally cleared my namecheck or are about too

It's only taken them over 2yrs!

Good luck to all the others out there waiting.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Wooohooo...I don't quite believe it yet but the USCIS has just sent me a 2nd fingerprint notice. This most likely means they have finally cleared my namecheck or are about too

It's only taken them over 2yrs!

Good luck to all the others out there waiting.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I hope this is good news, Brittie.

Comment

I hope so too. It's only been over 2yrs!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          I hope this is good news, Brittie.
          </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo Momma's so ugly she made an onion cry.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
            I hope so too. It's only been over 2yrs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to tell you, this is not necessarily a positive thing. They still take your finger prints when they intend to deny your case.

Comment

Another a s s trying to by pass criminal checks.
              BrotherofMichael
              Almighty of ILW.com
              Super-Duper Royal Male Lion of ILW.com

Comment

I do hope this is good news too Brittie

Hope you are feeling better!
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hate to tell you, this is not necessarily a positive thing. They still take your finger prints when they intend to deny your case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I realise that, but at least the delay in processing will be over finally. I'll know one way of the other soon.

BrotherofMicheal: (apt name), I dunno how you come to the conclusion I'm trying to bypass the criminal background checks? They can run as many fingerprints as they want. They won't find any criminal records on me.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hate to tell you, this is not necessarily a positive thing. They still take your finger prints when they intend to deny your case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I realise that, but at least the delay in processing will be over finally. I'll know one way of the other soon.

BrotherofMicheal: (apt name), I dunno how you come to the conclusion I'm trying to bypass the criminal background checks? They can run as many fingerprints as they want. They won't find any criminal records on me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only time will tell. Just wait and watch. Moving forward, don't be using no gloves. That ought to catch the criminal.
                    BrotherofMichael
                    Almighty of ILW.com
                    Super-Duper Royal Male Lion of ILW.com

Comment

Good news Brittie, at least your papers are moving. Good luck!
                      Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

Good news Brit. That means your FBI check is cleared. You should be getting your interview notice pretty soon. Make sure you have all your documentation ready. The interview notice will tell you what to bring but the immigration officer may ask for addtional documents. If you do not have them ready by the interview time, they may ask you to mail them in, then you have to wait for some more time. I am sure you are tired of waiting.

Make sure you bring(assuming you do not have other legal issues):
                        1. Passport, green card and driver's lic.
                        2. Tax returns - you can call IRS to have them send to you. It takes a few days.
                        3. Your current marriage certificate, if you are married.
                        4. Your kids birth certificates - if you have any.
                        5. You parents immigration document, A number, date they were naturalized etc, if any applies to you.
                        6. Devorce decree, child support document - if this applies to you.

Good luck.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good news Brit. That means your FBI check is cleared. You should be getting your interview notice pretty soon. Make sure you have all your documentation ready. The interview notice will tell you what to bring but the immigration officer may ask for addtional documents. If you do not have them ready by the interview time, they may ask you to mail them in, then you have to wait for some more time. I am sure you are tired of waiting.

Make sure you bring(assuming you do not have other legal issues):
                          1. Passport, green card and driver's lic.
                          2. Tax returns - you can call IRS to have them send to you. It takes a few days.
                          3. Your current marriage certificate, if you are married.
                          4. Your kids birth certificates - if you have any.
                          5. You parents immigration document, A number, date they were naturalized etc, if any applies to you.
                          6. Devorce decree, child support document - if this applies to you.

Good luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How far back did they want the tax returns for? I've heard it is 3yrs worth.

Comment

They usually ask for the last three years of your tax returns.

Comment

Good news Brit

You should probably receive a letter for interview within 2 to 3 weeks. Likely you will get a date in October for everything.

If you have filed for 5 yrs of returns, bring all proof of filing and payments for 5 years.
                              It is not just the tax returns that they want. If there was any balance due for any of the years that you have been here, they want proof that the taxes have been paid and current for Federal , state, and local taxes. Also if you have any child support/alimony obligations, they must be current and not have been delinquent in the past in order to get approval.

Hopefully you will get that ceremony before November

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation