X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbit
    replied
    Thanks for the breaking it down for me. No, they wouldn't have a reason. I've read things on here where people have been waiting for over a year for their interview and I've waited less than 3 months. I've never had any problems with any sort of law enforcement. I've never been to jail or anything.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by herbit:
    It kinda worries me alittle. Maybe they want to process this faster so they can kick me out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Would thay have a reason? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by herbit:I got fingerprinted on May 2nd and I got the interview letter on the 5th. Do you think that's kinda weird? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, many times USCIS schedules the interview hoping the fingerprints will clear by then..

Leave a comment:

• boyan
    replied
    The date you see on the USCIS website represents the case with the earliest priority date prior to which all other cases have been completed. I'll give you an example just so you understand it better:

Say someone(person A) files a petition on Feb 10,2007 and you file on April 20,2007. Now the first person gets an interview in 90 days (that makes it May 10,2007). You also get an interview invitation in 90 days (July 20,2007). Now when person's A interview comes (may 10,2007) the officer decides that he needs something else from person A in order to complete his application. Due to that reason this case is not adjudicated at the day of the interview. It may take a month or so before all the information is received and reviewed in order to complete the case. Meanwhile you might have your interview and be able to get your green card before person A does. But since USCIS has not yet completed person A's application it will show processing date of Feb 10, 2007 not your processing date of April 20 2007.

Leave a comment:

• herbit
    replied
    Hi mp2006
    From the time I filed to the day of my interview it will be 62 days. It kinda worries me alittle. Maybe they want to process this faster so they can kick me out. I got fingerprinted on May 2nd and I got the interview letter on the 5th. Do you think that's kinda weird? Does this mean that my fingerprints have cleared? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mp2006
    replied
    hey herbit....

i usually just dont go by those dates because they are usually wrong! I filed my papers in feb. and have an interview scheduled already also, so you should just go by your own timeline. you just filed in april and already got your interview date?! well then i would say you are doing quite well and way ahead of their schedule!

Leave a comment:

• herbit
    replied
    Can someone explaine to me how the processing times work? I went to the USCIS website and it told me that my local office is processing I-485 with receipt notice date of october 14, 2006. I just filed in April. I've been fingerprinted and now I have an interview scheduled. That doesnt make sense to me. Can someone tell me how this works and if I should be concerned for some reason?

Leave a comment:

• herbit
    started a topic AOS Processing Times

AOS Processing Times

Can someone explaine to me how the processing times work? I went to the USCIS website and it told me that my local office is processing I-485 with receipt notice date of october 14, 2006. I just filed in April. I've been fingerprinted and now I have an interview scheduled. That doesnt make sense to me. Can someone tell me how this works and if I should be concerned for some reason?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney