X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper2004
    replied
    What do you mean the "AOS case he has with his soon to be ex-wife." Is it the husband's or the wife's AOS application? The AOS is applied by the alien seeking permanent residence. It is not the citizens or the petitioner's as in the I-130. So the petitioner is not the one to "terminate." I suppose some could always report the AOS to be based on a fraudulent marriage.

At some point in the AOS process the applicant is going to asked to come in for an interview, along with the petitioning spouse. If the spouse doesn't show up, the applicant will have to explain why. I have seen applications nonetheless approved, depending on the reason for the separation.

Leave a comment:

• AJs
    replied
    A friend of mine is getting a divorce from his wife, they filed AOS in Atlanta about 6 months ago. He wants to know what he has to do to terminate the AOS case he has with his soon to be ex-wife?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• AJs
    started a topic Divorce while Adj. of Status pending

Divorce while Adj. of Status pending

A friend of mine is getting a divorce from his wife, they filed AOS in Atlanta about 6 months ago. He wants to know what he has to do to terminate the AOS case he has with his soon to be ex-wife?

Thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation