X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Renewal Question

Hello all.
    I have a question and I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I have a friend here on an F-1 visa which expires in May. She attends an English language school and classes end in May as well. She is planning on going to a community college from September. What are her options for being able to stay in the US until September. I know you are allowed to stay for 60 days after you finish studies but that means until July. If she gets accepted into community college and gets a new I-20, I know she can get another F-1 visa but you can't enter the US until 30 days before the start of class.

Any suggestions? Can she "renew" her visa and if so does the 30 day rule still apply? Either way she needs to go back to her home country to get a visa but she doesn't want to go back for months, perhaps a couple of weeks at most, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all.
    I have a question and I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I have a friend here on an F-1 visa which expires in May. She attends an English language school and classes end in May as well. She is planning on going to a community college from September. What are her options for being able to stay in the US until September. I know you are allowed to stay for 60 days after you finish studies but that means until July. If she gets accepted into community college and gets a new I-20, I know she can get another F-1 visa but you can't enter the US until 30 days before the start of class.

Any suggestions? Can she "renew" her visa and if so does the 30 day rule still apply? Either way she needs to go back to her home country to get a visa but she doesn't want to go back for months, perhaps a couple of weeks at most, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi,
      please know that i'm just saying this because of what my international advisor has told me. You can stay in the US even after your visa expired as long as you remain in status, that is continue to be a full time student on the major semesters (fall and spring).
      Now, if she really wants to go home, i don't know about that 30 day period.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation