Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Iperson - from as much as I know (living in the community the gunman grew up in), he didn't want for alot growing up as a kid. His parents came over here from South Korea in 1992 when he was 8. They started their own dry cleaning business and I think they did pretty good. It's fairly expensive living here. But, the community here is very supportive of small businesses (we don't care what nationality, just that a small business can survive!)

In any event, I hadn't read he bought his ammo from Ebay - shame, shame! Seems like you should show some identification for ammo as well as the gun. I truly can't blame anyone for these tragic events. His roommates didn't know he was that sick, nor did his parents. I pray to a loving God that the families and everyone affected by this will be okay. As for me and my family, we are personally attending the funeral of one of the victims this Tuesday to do whatever we can for this family. She was an only child and a wonderful person - and I just can't imagine what her parents are going through.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
        Ok, this is creepy. The gunman bought his ammunition he used to kill 32 people on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140098812797

This hits home to me since I sell on ebay too. Fortunately I never transacted with this individual but many people did. His ebay id was blazers5505, with fb 64, which means over 64 transactions since many people don't leave feedback.
        From his account we find that he bought his college books on ebay halfdotcom. He also sold tickets to college football games since he probably could get those cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200058573157

One of the recent transactions he sold was a calculator. A calculator. LOL. In March 2007, possibly to raise some money to buy his guns and ammo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200070466090

He sold his books as well just before the shooting.

It looks like he never had much money having to look for bargains on ebay. I know we all do it, but it confirms his whining about the rich people he despised so much in his publicized rants.

Ebay closed his account since well he won't use it anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        It is not exactly creepy, but shows you just how fine a line the government or educational institution walks with students stressed out vs mendal breakdowns.

BTW: it is possible for a person to sell a child, organs, property that does not exist, sexual services, etc on Ebay; yet I don't see any people getting upset over these transactions since it is also against the law to make these transactions.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
          Iperson - from as much as I know (living in the community the gunman grew up in), he didn't want for alot growing up as a kid. His parents came over here from South Korea in 1992 when he was 8. They started their own dry cleaning business and I think they did pretty good. It's fairly expensive living here. But, the community here is very supportive of small businesses (we don't care what nationality, just that a small business can survive!)

In any event, I hadn't read he bought his ammo from Ebay - shame, shame! Seems like you should show some identification for ammo as well as the gun. I truly can't blame anyone for these tragic events. His roommates didn't know he was that sick, nor did his parents. I pray to a loving God that the families and everyone affected by this will be okay. As for me and my family, we are personally attending the funeral of one of the victims this Tuesday to do whatever we can for this family. She was an only child and a wonderful person - and I just can't imagine what her parents are going through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Technically, he bought the gun and ammo, but still went through the background checks.

NOTE: The family (the parents) is originally from North Korea and were land owners prior to the Korean War.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Cho Seung-hui left South Korea with his family in 1992 to seek a better life in the United States.

This was posted on Foxnews.com. Everything I've read has stated South Korea being his country of origin and that his family was very poor. Please tell me where you read he was from North Korea?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
              Hi Hudson. It is basically possible to sell anything on ebay, but it is illegal to trade in humans, organs, and yes neither virtual items= they were banned recently, p*orn and guns.
              They are illegal and such listings are being taken down when reported. Sadly there is no security system for these items to be stopped from showing up because ebay's system is outdated. And second, the sheer numbers of listings listed every day outnumber the people policing the site.
              On a side, ebay has many problems. Basically, it is almost falling apart as we speak.
              If you're not familiar with what is really going on there, refresh firemeg.com from time to time for updates. I know the guy running the site personally (I mean virtually). He's a great guy.
              There's an intersting story of Vladuz, the famous hacker who hacked into ebay's most protected information and splashed it all over internet. I don't think they caught the guy yet.
              Nuf about ebay. I only wonder what this person who bought that calculator is thinking... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              In don't think the person who bought the calculator is going to go too deep on comtemplating on the customer; however, the guy who sold Cho the gun and hearing how Cho was calm, patient, polite, courteous, and respectful was interesting. He did everything by the book and now knows the gun he sold contributed to the deadly incident. Please note, it is not whether one agrees with gun control or not that you should take a look at the story, but knowing you did everything correct and legal and how it turned up should show a mement for contemplation. That was the point I was making above.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                Cho Seung-hui left South Korea with his family in 1992 to seek a better life in the United States.

This was posted on Foxnews.com. Everything I've read has stated South Korea being his country of origin and that his family was very poor. Please tell me where you read he was from North Korea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                This link states, "The poor but hard-working family had a difficult beginning. Cho's mother was forced into an arranged marriage with his father, Sung-tae, who was 10 years older and from a very different background. She was from a well-educated family of North Korean landowners, who had been forced to flee without possessions during the Korean war; he was from a poor family in the south, but had made enough money to marry by working in Saudi Arabia for 10 years on construction sites and oil fields."

Although the family were citizens of South Korea, the mother came from a background of wealthy landowners from North Korea before the Korean War. This shows you how to approach the Korean pennisula because you must always include the Northern neighbor.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:

This was posted on Foxnews.com. Everything I've read has stated South Korea being his country of origin and that his family was very poor. Please tell me where you read he was from North Korea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  This link states, "The poor but hard-working family had a difficult beginning. Cho's mother was forced into an arranged marriage with his father, Sung-tae, who was 10 years older and from a very different background. She was from a well-educated family of North Korean landowners, who had been forced to flee without possessions during the Korean war; he was from a poor family in the south, but had made enough money to marry by working in Saudi Arabia for 10 years on construction sites and oil fields."

Although the family were citizens of South Korea, the mother came from a background of wealthy landowners from North Korea before the Korean War. This shows you how to approach the Korean pennisula because you must always include the Northern neighbor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Hudson. I hadn't seen this part of the story.

Comment

BLACKSBURG, Va. "” The Internet activities of the Virginia Tech gunman provided more insight Saturday into how he may have plotted for the rampage, with revelations that he bought two ammunition magazines on eBay.

Seung-Hui Cho purchased two empty magazines about three weeks before the attack in which Cho killed 32 people and himself. The magazines were designed for one of the two types of handguns he used.

Cho, 23, also used the account to sell items ranging from Hokies football tickets to horror-themed books, some of which were assigned in one of his classes.

EBay spokesman Hani Durzy said the purchase of the magazines from a Web vendor based in Idaho was legal and that the company has cooperated with authorities.

Comment

Defend yourself from smelly feeted immigrants ! Buy all ebay's ammo before they can !!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                        Defend yourself from smelly feeted immigrants ! Buy all ebay's ammo before they can !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a waste of web space! Why do you try to help in some posts and then reply with this senseless garbage? What a waste!

Comment

ALL my posts are helpful and provide good advices !!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                            ALL my posts are helpful and provide good advices !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            ..vices !!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed