Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 DV Misdemeanors and application for a Green Card

Will 2 DV Child Abuse Misdemeanor convictions impact my application for a Green Card? The convictions are recent.

I'm not an attorney, but I'd be willing to bet 2 recent Domestic Violance and/or child abuse convictions are going to be working against you when you're trying to establish permanent residency.
    Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.

Comment

I'm not an attorney either, but I agree with Terry's response on this one. You need to discuss this with a reputable attorney and get their advice. Good luck.

Comment

Could very well do so. More information here.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

[]Thanks all for your comments - I'll let you know how the Green Card process goes.[/QUOTE]

Comment

remind us all again....why do we need child beaters and wife beaters taking up valuable oxygen in the United States of America? You must be awfully brave to pick on kids....(and a dirtbag).

Comment

...we already know how the Green card process will go - you'll be back home in your country of origin in the not-too-distant future (and America will be happy to see you go).

I agree with Someone12...Buta is a dirtball and a coward, and he should be in jail.

Comment

Thanks all for their comments. I must apologize I was not completely honest i my initial post - The question is not for me but rather for my soon to be x-wife.

I found it interesting that everyone thought a instigator of DV is a man - statistics show that is is very close to 50/50 of who instigates the DV but we are all programmed to assume it is the man. Their is also a growing trend of women using weapons in their violence.

Since I left my wife and the house of horrors I have continually run into the bias that since I am the man it must be my fault in the end somehow...

Thanks again all for their comments. I will let you know how her Green Card application goes - she is Japanese and their is also a real risk of kidnapping the kids.

Comment

go home towel head!!!

Comment

Towel Head? Please explain.

Comment

Buta: Your "I found it interesting that everyone thought (the) instigator of DV is a man" rant is completely off base.

Noboby jumped to any conclusions about the instigator being a man. reread your original post, in which YOU state: "Will 2 DV Child Abuse Misdemeanor convictions impact my application for a Green Card? The convictions are recent."

Given that your screen name appears to indicate that you're a guy - correctly as it turns out - and you say that it's your application for a Green Card - wrongly as it turn out - your claims of bias are FALSE.

Comment

the towel on his head is too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                          Buta: Your "I found it interesting that everyone thought (the) instigator of DV is a man" rant is completely off base.

Noboby jumped to any conclusions about the instigator being a man. reread your original post, in which YOU state: "Will 2 DV Child Abuse Misdemeanor convictions impact my application for a Green Card? The convictions are recent."

Given that your screen name appears to indicate that you're a guy - correctly as it turns out - and you say that it's your application for a Green Card - wrongly as it turn out - your claims of bias are FALSE.
                          Someone12 - why do we need child beaters and wife beaters. Seems rather biased to me??

Buta - ?? - refers to a Japanese animal - a pig. To my limited knowledge of the japanese language it is a gender neutral word. A derivative of my english family name.

"Will 2 DV Child Abuse Misdemeanor convictions impact my application for a Green Card? The convictions are recent." -- Where does this indicate gender??

Amusing...

Comment

Buta: It seems to me that you're just looking for an excuse to make a fuss and appear aggrieved - perhaps your time would be better spent dealing with your domestic situation, and getting those problems resolved.

Comment

That be the problem with them sterotypes. People be thinken them asian girls be all sweet and obedient jus cause they looks that way and what cha see in them giesha movies. Thats a ruse.

Shoot, get em alone and next thing ya know they breakin out the black latex and high heals. They a kinky bunch they is. Ya gots to know how to swing yer sword to keep em in line if ya knows what I mean.
                              This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation