X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel outside US 1 week after Greencard issuance

Hello experts,

I would like to inquire if I can go home to my native country, 1 week AFTER I receive my GreenCard? I will need to dispose my assets before settling completely, and I will marry my long time girlfriend so that I can file her a Petition. F2A. I will be only out for max of 3 months and return to US. Do I need to file Re-Entry permit for this?

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Jayd_lowrider

Hello experts,

I would like to inquire if I can go home to my native country, 1 week AFTER I receive my GreenCard? I will need to dispose my assets before settling completely, and I will marry my long time girlfriend so that I can file her a Petition. F2A. I will be only out for max of 3 months and return to US. Do I need to file Re-Entry permit for this?

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Jayd_lowrider

Comment

If it's less then six months you don't need to apply for re-entry

Comment

Few weeks back I went with my friends for an AOS interview, officer asked some questions. Stamped the passport, and I said to her he need to travel back to his country, officer said now he/she can travel on this stamp, and will get his LPR Card in 6 weeks.
        The crad arrived in two week, and he had left for India to see his folks.

Comment

Some advise on F2A it may take you 4-5 years to get your long time girlfriend here, you may want to consider becoming a citizen approximately 5yrs from your GC date before applying for her, atleast that way she can visit you in the US. Once you file F2A she will be locked out from visitng you in the US until the F2A is approved and the visa number becomes current. Just speaking from personal experience.

Comment

I am going to notify Homeland Security not to let you back into the country. Stay out and keep your grint gf away!

Comment

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your reply.

To tkalush,

You know, its very difficult to obtain US tourist visa from our native country. I think it will be more difficult for my girl if she apply from there. Anyway, she has a prospective employer. Don't you think its Ok if she could go through H1B before marrying her? Instead.

Regards,
              Jayd_lowrider

Comment

Yes she is better off with H1B or student visa if visitor's visa is difficult , if you want to be together in the US. Otherwise you will endure a very long wait if you go the F2A route.

Comment

To tkalush,

Thank you for your insight. But this questions keep on coming and I am looking for a fast way to get my girl.

What is your idea if I marry my GF after I receive my GC but I will not file her a petition until I naturalize?

Please advice.

jayd_lowrider

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs