Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for decision

just curious if anyone knows what is the maximum time, after an interview, for an immigration officer to make a decision about a case? Do they have any rules to follow?
    married to a citizen, interview year and a half ago, no stamp in passport, officer said everything looks good, so far noone knows anything about my GC
    went for an Infopass today, and i was told same old: there is no decision

I have the same problem. I interviewed at New York district office. Officer told me everything is ok, my application will be approved same day. 60 days, no GC. Made infopass, was told by rep no decision made. I am doing another infopass after another 30 days and I am going to send a letter to my congressman if they tell me no decision was made. I am going to write them every 30 days until they send my GC. The national customer service phone line is useless. Automated response. I wish I could give you a better answer. This is just to let you know you are not alone. You just have to continue to pester them. Good luck.

Comment

You just have to continue to pester them.
      I would think that pestering them could probably work against you.

Comment

olaolu: did you check your status online using receipt number? and if so, what does it say? also, did you get a stamp to your passport at the time of the interview?

Comment

dmartmar,
          I did not mean to beat them on the head. You can't just twiddle your hands in frustration. All I am saying is that there is something you can do. It's even on their web site. If you have not heard from them in 30 days, you are supposed to call them. It's not illegal. 18 months is a long time to wait for GC after interview, wouldn't you say? Can we have your suggestion as to what to do? Thank you for your positive contribution.

Comment

Amarles,

No I did not. NYC district office does not give receipt numbers. I don't know about other districts. I filed in 2003 and was not called for interview until July 2006, my son filed for me. They just wrote a letter inviting me for the interview. They also do not stamp passport. I guess they think if you have EAD, you should be ok in the interim. I have gone through 4 EAD. Over $700 spent on EAD alone. I still don't think we should just fold our hands and do nothing.

Comment

olaolu,
              what I have learned is that in 2003 the 'papers' were done on paper therefore there was no receipt number, but I kept calling the national center # and finally I was given one.
              Try and get to talk to someone when you call this number, and always ask for immigration officer not the customer service.
              Just so you feel better, this week I am applying for my 6th EAD.

Comment

Amarles,
                Thank you. I will try your suggestion. 6th EAD, how frustrating. God help us all. amen.

Comment

I did not mean to beat them on the head. You can't just twiddle your hands in frustration. All I am saying is that there is something you can do. It's even on their web site. If you have not heard from them in 30 days, you are supposed to call them. It's not illegal. 18 months is a long time to wait for GC after interview, wouldn't you say? Can we have your suggestion as to what to do? Thank you for your positive contribution.
                  C'mon, just face it.

"Beggars," can't be choosers.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs