Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Hi Brit & Sprint,I know this topic is about UK immigration but I have always wondered about British emigration.Why are so many Brits leaving the twin island monarchy ?

In recent years,British emigration numbers have been significant is it really due to crime as I've heard some mentioned or is it because of the mass. amount of immigrants going to the U.K. ?,most people I've talked to said it is the weather hence why most go to Oz or Australia.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">most people I've talked to said it is the weather hence why most go to Oz or Australia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oz = Australia, yes? Or did those kiwis lie to me?
        --------------------
        "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
          ...I guess that neither of you guys have been to Liverpool or Newcastle, then (or any number of other cities) where the locals are barely intelligible to outsiders. I know that some regional BBC programs are subtitled when shown in other regions of the U.K.

I think that you're looking at British English through rose-colored glasses.

One last point: to an American, theres is the "more natural" English...and, given that you've decided to live in America - and aren't going "home" anytime soon - then you should "accentuate the American pronunciation" in order to be understood - after all, you're not in your country anymore, and we don't really care how you did things when you were there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cocky aren't you lol well at least you finally talk to me. From someone who never reveals from where they are from.

Actually my mothers family are from the same part of England as Liverpool..and my father was a Geordie (Newcastle). Funny how you picked both my parents areas.

I don't remember ever seeing in any manual or anywhere that is says I have to speak American English, nor that I should speak with an American accent from whichever State. In fact to pass Citizenship it says you have to be able to speak 'English'..don't remember seeing American English written down

We don't ask Americans to talk like the Brits when they immigrate over, nor the Ozzies, or Kiwis..everyone has lovely accents and we adore the terminology.
          We have even adopted some of the American English ourselves..kids using all the street slang.

But hey..remember where the American language came from....English will always be my language, regardless of where I live. I do try and speak the dialect here, but there are so many dialects here just in my State, its confusing.

Maybe you should go and preach Someone 12 about his American English...because he choses to speak British English/slang a lot on this board if you have not noticed.

So SD are you ever going to reveal where you come from?
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Brits are leaving mainly due to the amount of American immigrants taking over our country
            Madonna, Stacey, Kidman..they are all invading!

No seriously, there is a population problem with illegal immigrants, refugees etc.. They seem to cross Europe and sneak under that tunnel..with the French turning blind eye, so they don't have them there.

England is the country of the free apparently..they get everything free basically, house, benefits etc .

Now with the Ozzies, Kiwis, SA and so on, I have noticed a lot more immigrating there. Don't know why.

Europeans want to go and study in UK. Uni's kind of full.

So yes..people kind of get fed up, want to breathe, have room, and find somewhere cheaper to live, hopefully with better climate

I would say number one destination for Brits would be Oz.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Do you think NY'ers are understood by the rest of the country?? Hey I love NY accents..I actually understand them better LOL Same speed too

I know that people from other States comment on understanding people from NYC, NJ, Brooklyn etc..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JermCool:

Oz = Australia, yes? Or did those kiwis lie to me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah,minus the red tapping shoes & flying monkies,lol.
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
                Brits are leaving mainly due to the amount of American immigrants taking over our country
                Madonna, Stacey, Kidman..they are all invading!

No seriously, there is a population problem with illegal immigrants, refugees etc.. They seem to cross Europe and sneak under that tunnel..with the French turning blind eye, so they don't have them there.

England is the country of the free apparently..they get everything free basically, house, benefits etc .

Now with the Ozzies, Kiwis, SA and so on, I have noticed a lot more immigrating there. Don't know why.

Europeans want to go and study in UK. Uni's kind of full.

So yes..people kind of get fed up, want to breathe, have room, and find somewhere cheaper to live, hopefully with better climate

I would say number one destination for Brits would be Oz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Got it,it makes sense now.Thanks for explaining.

Comment

YW..oh and I forgot another big reason..mainly for the better off..is tax evasion..legally I mean.

For those who have a large income, investments etc pay very high taxes so their hard work or good investing is eaten up.

My mum is doing the same, she will be living out of the country for most of the year. Many do that now, they want to see their money grow not be eaten up. Either they move permanently to another country or make another country their main residence.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs