X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension neede if PERM approved?

Hi,

I got my PERM application approved and I am in the process of submitting all forms to USCIS: I-140, I-485, I-131 (travelling), and I-795.
    My H1B visa expires on July this year - I was wondering if I still need to apply for extension (I had H for 3 years so far) or I will be in good status as long as I submitted all these forms.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
    Thanks much.

Hi,

I got my PERM application approved and I am in the process of submitting all forms to USCIS: I-140, I-485, I-131 (travelling), and I-795.
    My H1B visa expires on July this year - I was wondering if I still need to apply for extension (I had H for 3 years so far) or I will be in good status as long as I submitted all these forms.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
    Thanks much.

Comment

I assume that your priority date is current? I would apply for the extension -- it will take 90 days for an EAD, they could ask for more evidence, which would delay, or, there could be a problem with the adjustment. Better to be safe.

Comment

Thanks KMcTram,
        My priority date is current. I don't have a problem appying for extention, in fact that was my intention. Then the lawyers said H1 is not valid anymore once you filed to USCIS...so extension is sensless...It sounded strange to me.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation