CONGRATULATIONS MS. JAN BREWER

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're right. It is a Federal matter but Federal enforcement is severely lacking and border crime is on the increase. What do you do if the government won't take care of the problem? That's the part of AZ's reasoning I understand. The government regularly pays lip service to increased enforcement measures but have yet to deliver everything they promise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One State acting won't stop illegal immigration. For it to be effective, all 50 States must act so rather than each State making their own laws, it's better to have a National action ie. Federal action.

I still say this is more to do with getting re-elected that solving the problem.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Yes, it would be better to have national action, but again, the federal government is woefully inadequate at enforcing immigration law. There are too many special interest groups pulling the strings.

Most other states have come out and said that they wouldn't enact the same law, even the ones that have either applauded it or said they understood the reasons. I don't see this becoming national state-wide action, but I think the Government need to take a good look at AZ's concerns and act accordingly to prevent even one other state following suit.

You're right. It won't stop illegal immigration. But it will make it harder for people, at least in AZ, and may make them think twice about their actions. What would be the benchmark for success? I'm pretty sure AZ would tell you that even a small reduction in the numbers of illegal entries would be it.

And to do with who getting re-elected? And so what if it is? Everybody does what they can for that. ****, even Obama's already got his eye on his second term and is appealing to Blacks, Latinos and women to keep him in the Oval Office. Is that wrong too?
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation