Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I got any hope or do I need to worry!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although you over stay here and if you already filed your case and recive letter from INS you are fine and don't need to worry about over stay, just wait for interview date and you might call INS and inquary about your status.

Comment

Sumit you nut; he already got the greencard; the scammer beat the system !

Comment

To SOM and S12 and whoever thinks like these people.

I dont care what you think, and I certainly don't need your approval, especially by the likes of you SOM, who bring over Russian Brides, whom you have met over the internet, now how many times have you been scammed?
        Why do you think these mail order brides are advertising? maybe because they are looking for a better life in America?

I dont doubt America is a great place, but if my husband did not have any obligations to stay here, we WOULD be in England. In fact that is what I told the Immigration officer when we went for our interview.

People like you dont seem to understand, I do have a life in my own country, I miss my family and friends very much, although US and UK speak the same language, it is very different over here, and it has been extemely difficult to adjust to life here, but I do so, because I love my husband. and IF for any reason, our marriage does not work out, I would be on a plane out of here, back to the UK as quick as lightning.

So NO! I am not a scammer or a fraud, Im here to be with the person I love, it is just a shame there is a bloody great pond between our countries.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedHelpFast:
          Congratulation Jake!!!
          I'm so happy for you!
          Welcome!!
          Thanks Needhelp,

Comment

Well, if anyone needs to know why illegal immigration is a far more desirable option than legal immigration, then Jake's story highlights it perfectly.

Going the illegal route, she's lived for three years in the US and gets her GC 3-4 months after applying - all without having to be apart from her beloved hubby for any of that time.

Going the legal route, my USC hubby (9 years married) has been in the US for 11 months while I've remained in my home country. Our application was filed soon after his arrival and we're still at the NVC stage. By the time it's done, I won't have seen him for well over a year and God knows how many months.

Jake, if we could go back in time and do it again, we would've done it the same way you did. The illegal route is much faster and it doesn't force families in to painful and lengthy separations.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Originally posted by Aroha:
              Well, if anyone needs to know why illegal immigration is a far more desirable option than legal immigration, then Jake's story highlights it perfectly.

Going the illegal route, she's lived for three years in the US and gets her GC 3-4 months after applying - all without having to be apart from her beloved hubby for any of that time.

Going the legal route, my USC hubby (9 years married) has been in the US for 11 months while I've remained in my home country. Our application was filed soon after his arrival and we're still at the NVC stage. By the time it's done, I won't have seen him for well over a year and God knows how many months.

Jake, if we could go back in time and do it again, we would've done it the same way you did. The illegal route is much faster and it doesn't force families in to painful and lengthy separations.
              Let me make one thing clear, I am not advertising that going the illegal route is the better way, firstly, you are always wondering if ICE will show up at the door and deport you, I have been confined to the house, with no job and no drivers licence and insurance, so I had to rely on my neighbour to take me shopping, Luckily she is the Aunt to my Husband's boss, and she was kind enough to take me places. And even when our interview came, we didn't know if I was going to get deported, as they could well have turned around and said I had intent on staying when I arrived.

So please dont think it has been a bed of roses.
              I only posted my story and timeline for other people that have overstayed to give them some encouragement and advise.

I dont know why we were processed so quickly, maybe the location we are in, also I sent in as much information on our bonafide marriage as we possibly could. we didn't get any RFE's so to delay the process. I am sure DHS did not process us quickly because we overstayed, like I said maybe its our location and the offices aren't as busy as the rest.

And by the way, my husband is a long haul truck driver, Im lucky if I get to see him 6 weeks out of every year. At least when you get your visa to come here, you will probably be with your husband every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake01:
                Let me make one thing clear, I am not advertising that going the illegal route is the better way, firstly, you are always wondering if ICE will show up at the door and deport you, I have been confined to the house, with no job and no drivers licence and insurance, so I had to rely on my neighbour to take me shopping, Luckily she is the Aunt to my Husband's boss, and she was kind enough to take me places. And even when our interview came, we didn't know if I was going to get deported, as they could well have turned around and said I had intent on staying when I arrived.

So please dont think it has been a bed of roses.
                I only posted my story and timeline for other people that have overstayed to give them some encouragement and advise.

I dont know why we were processed so quickly, maybe the location we are in, also I sent in as much information on our bonafide marriage as we possibly could. we didn't get any RFE's so to delay the process. I am sure DHS did not process us quickly because we overstayed, like I said maybe its our location and the offices aren't as busy as the rest.

And by the way, my husband is a long haul truck driver, Im lucky if I get to see him 6 weeks out of every year. At least when you get your visa to come here, you will probably be with your husband every night.
                Your husband obviously didn't do his homework. My sons and I aren't in the country so we aren't legal or have social security, but we are still listed as beneficiaries to my husbands medical, and I'm also listed on his auto insurance. In both cases, once he ticked the 'married' box, he was told to include myself and the kids even after explaining that we weren't US residents or citizens. Infact, the only thing my name isn't on is his US bank account, however the same bank issued a debit card for my use, and also issued a credit card in my name.

You're also able to drive on a foreign drivers license in most states for 2 years.

And you seeing your husband 6 weeks in a year must be hard. However there's a huge difference. That's the choice you and he made and can be remedied by you and he. The lengthy separation forced on us by the USCIS and the NVC is not our choice and there's nothing we can do to alter it.

To that end, my life is spent playing a waiting game. We don't know when we're going to get the next piece of paperwork from the NVC. I can't sell my house until we have a set time-frame. I was made redundant from my job because my boss didn't know if he could rely on me to be around and there's no point getting another when I can't say for sure whether I'll still be there in a month or six. Should I even bother enrolling my kids back in school at the start of next year when I have no clue at what part of the year I would have to pull them out? And in all of that ... there's also no guarantee we'll be approved. It's unlikely we won't be, but there's still no guarantee.

Having said that, I wasn't saying that people *should* go the illegal route. I merely set out to highlight the fact that the difficulty, cost and time involved in legal immigration is a major factor in illegal immigration. Your story certainly sounds more desirable to people wondering how to get their spouses in to the US than mine does.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

applying for a drivers licence differs from state to state,

Comment

Ok you are from the UK right? you don't have a problem getting a visa for the US. why don't you go home and reapply for a visa . in this case you don't have to worry about expired documentation. SIMPLE

Comment

Originally posted by westafun:
                      Ok you are from the UK right? you don't have a problem getting a visa for the US. why don't you go home and reapply for a visa . in this case you don't have to worry about expired documentation. SIMPLE
                      Havent been hear for a while, and WOW seems to me that S12 has recruited his sister (Beverly).

As to Westafun, why would I go back home to get a visa when I already have a greencard?

BTW Davdah! I have my DL, now I know why there are so many accidents on the road over here, after answering the questions, I went on the actual driving test which took all of 10 minutes, compared to the UK test of around 30-40 minutes, and having to do alot more than backing up a couple of feet?

Well Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, I'm off HOME next week for Xmas to spend time with my family.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation