pending immigrant visa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was another USCIS case number drawn up? You should be able to check on the website to find out the status there. No point in calling them, though. They won't tell you squat.

I, too, am curious as to why your marriage was looked at so hard. How long have you been married?
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

yes i have a USCIS case number and i do everyday online check on my case, so far there is no further updates. i have been married on june 2005
      recently i did contact my congressman office about it and here is below their response

" I have sent another inquiry to the California Service Center on your behalf. Just so you know, when a case is denied at the Consulate by the Department of State and then returned for review by the CIS, there is no priority given to these cases. They will not expedite or work these cases quickly at all. I will let you know when I hear back from the CSC but they can sometimes take a week or two to respond to my requests "

my questions are, can the consulate deny my petition and send it back to uscis for review ?

why the consular officer didnt tell my wife upfront that her immigrant visa is denied ?

all the consular officer told my wife is that she cant give her a visa and hat my wife petition is going to be send back for review

i dont khow what's going on but i'm waiting to hear from uscis

any feedbacks will be appreciated

Comment

Going to your congressman was a good step. They can get information that the USCIS won't give you directly and in some cases actually get the ball rolling.

I contacted Sen. Harry Reid's office a few times regarding Aroha's case. They claimed that they were unable to push the process, but everytime they said that, things proceeded to the next step usually within a week.

The only other thing I can advise is patience. These are US government agencies you're dealing with. If they did anything with any speed, they would have to be sent to the private sector.
        --------------------
        "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation