Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bring my fiance to US

I met my fiance in US but she had to leave because her visa expiered. I was not able to marry her because I had temporary green card. I got my green card because of my mom. (She got married.) Can I marry my fiance having permanent green card, not being a citizen? What would be the best way to do this, go to her country and marry her there or bring her over here? When can she enter US?

I heared that if we get married she will not be able to enter US until I will get my citizenship.

I met my fiance in US but she had to leave because her visa expiered. I was not able to marry her because I had temporary green card. I got my green card because of my mom. (She got married.) Can I marry my fiance having permanent green card, not being a citizen? What would be the best way to do this, go to her country and marry her there or bring her over here? When can she enter US?

I heared that if we get married she will not be able to enter US until I will get my citizenship.

Comment

Please consult form I-130 and its instructions. Yes, a lawful permanent resident may petition for an alien spouse.

Comment

She can enter the U.S. when her priority date comes up. However, it would probably be faster for you to get citizenship and then sponsor her rather than trying to bring her over as the wife of an LPR. As an LPR, she is looking at a 3-4 year (or longer) wait. You can apply for citizenship 5 years (minus 90 days) from the time you were granted LPR status.

Comment

Once the I-130 is approved, you can get her a nonimmigrant visa for her to wait out the final adjudication in the U.S.

myronmorales@hotmail.com

Comment

I would disagree that she would qualify for a non-immigrant visa while she waits for I-130 approval. If you were a USC, she could enter under K-3, but as LPR she would need to wait for approval. They had new "V" visas for those who applied before 4/2001, but they would not be available for a new applicant. She will have to wait quite some time.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation