X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Falsy Accused

Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I live in the us since 1993. I have had a valid green card since 99. Well, when travelling to reynosa by car one afternoon, on my way back to the us, the immigration thought that I answered that I was an american citizen when it was just a misunderstanding at the border crossing. To top it off, I did not have my green card on me since I thought that just an ID was requiered to enter the US. The immigration officer made me fill up an application for lost or stolen green card and about a year later, a new one was sent to me. Since I really did not lie and it was just a misunderstanding, i wrote down NO on the application N-400 under the section that ask wether I ever stated that I was an amercian citizen to gain immigration benefit. Quick questions:
    Do you think that it will be a problem during the interview?
    In Atlanta, do you usually get the answer on the spot?
    How long before the ceremony?
    Please advice and give me a brief idea. I have a very good job (over 6 figures), paid income tax for the last five years and never been in trouble in my life.

Thank you for the feedback

Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I live in the us since 1993. I have had a valid green card since 99. Well, when travelling to reynosa by car one afternoon, on my way back to the us, the immigration thought that I answered that I was an american citizen when it was just a misunderstanding at the border crossing. To top it off, I did not have my green card on me since I thought that just an ID was requiered to enter the US. The immigration officer made me fill up an application for lost or stolen green card and about a year later, a new one was sent to me. Since I really did not lie and it was just a misunderstanding, i wrote down NO on the application N-400 under the section that ask wether I ever stated that I was an amercian citizen to gain immigration benefit. Quick questions:
    Do you think that it will be a problem during the interview?
    In Atlanta, do you usually get the answer on the spot?
    How long before the ceremony?
    Please advice and give me a brief idea. I have a very good job (over 6 figures), paid income tax for the last five years and never been in trouble in my life.

Thank you for the feedback

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed