Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• address change

I and my fiance are going to process the paper work, incluidng I-130 and other forms. We live in different state (Kentucky and Virginia). We are trying to find a place to live together. Which state should we live? Any suggestions? Will it make any differnt in terms of processing time? If we move to other state while waiting I-130 process, will that delay any process time?

I and my fiance are going to process the paper work, incluidng I-130 and other forms. We live in different state (Kentucky and Virginia). We are trying to find a place to live together. Which state should we live? Any suggestions? Will it make any differnt in terms of processing time? If we move to other state while waiting I-130 process, will that delay any process time?

Comment

If you are cousins, Kentucky... siblings, then Virginia.

Comment

hello!
        my husband and i lived in different states because i'm still a student here in Oklahoma.

in filling out the BCIS forms, he used our Colorado address and i used the Oklahoma address i have in the SEVIS system. Colorado is our state of residence, so all our I130/I495/I765 forms were filed last Dec 2003 at Denver BCIS (which were sent to NBC-MIssouri for pre-processing).

we have already received Notice of Actions for all the forms we have filed. i have appeared for both my BIOMETRICS and fingerprint appointment at ASC in Oklahoma City... and now waiting for further notice from BCIS.

early this year, we've decided to move to Georgia. so last March 22, 2004, my husband informed the BCIS Denver Office of the address change. the BCIS staff did the address change in the computer and told my husband that he already change the address and that our files will be forwarded to Georgia (our new state of residence).

Last week (first week of April), we received a notice from BCIS that our address have been changed in the BCIS system. The notice was sent to our new address in Georgia!!!..the notice states what our old address was and what our new address is (and if we have questions or if any info in the notice are incorrect, we just call the number they gave us).

i'm not sure if anyone in this message board has the same experience in changing address. at first i thought it'll be complicated to change address once AOS is pending. but our experience prove otherwise.

i hope these information helps.

Comment

Application MUST be in the area with jurisdiction for the BENEFICIARY.

You have no choice.

If you are the one seeking to adjust status, you MUST file in the service center with jurisdiction over your state/city of residence.

Comment

If you really want to move quick on AOS, move to any state that is adjudicated by Texas service center. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR VERMONT SERVICE CENTER PROCESSING STATE BECAUSE TIME DIFFERENCE COULD BE IN YEARS.

Comment

JohnDoe:

That is not true since AOS are processed by the local office.

There are many offices that are extremely fast at AOS under VSC jurisdiction, including Newark and Cherry Hill, NJ; Boston, MA; etc...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe:
                If you really want to move quick on AOS, move to any state that is adjudicated by Texas service center. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR VERMONT SERVICE CENTER PROCESSING STATE BECAUSE TIME DIFFERENCE COULD BE IN YEARS.
                Oh, please, TSC is processing I-130s from before July 2002, but Vermont Center is processing May 2003.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation