Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??????

my husband has his interview schedule for Oct 7 in Islamabad Pakistan. We have all the required forms for the K3 visa however I was just reading that even if we do well in the interview he has to wait 30 days for Washington to clear his DS 157? Can anyone tell me if this is true?
    Thanks

my husband has his interview schedule for Oct 7 in Islamabad Pakistan. We have all the required forms for the K3 visa however I was just reading that even if we do well in the interview he has to wait 30 days for Washington to clear his DS 157? Can anyone tell me if this is true?
    Thanks

Comment

Anyone know the answer to this? Also, will you be going to the interview with him?

Comment

At the visa interview, the applicant must present the following:

"¢ A fully completed, signed DS-156 application form for each applicant (including children);

"¢ A completed DS-157 if the applicant is a male between 16 and 45 years of age;

"¢ A passport that will be valid for the duration of the applicant's stay in the U.S. Citizens of some other countries must submit a passport valid for at least six months after the date on which the applicant plans to depart the U.S. (note: If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make a separate application);

"¢ Expired passports that show previous travel to the U.S;

"¢ A passport-type photograph

"¢ The $100 application fee covers the expense of conducting the interview and processing the application. The application fee receipt is valid for one year. It is non-refundable. Applicants must bring their bank receipt with them to the Embassy on the day they apply for a visa and additional receipts for each dependent child also applying (even if they are included in the parent's passport). The application fee cannot be returned, even if the visa is denied or no application is ever filed.

THE VISA APPLICATION WILL NORMALLY BE ADJUDICATED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE INTERVIEW. CERTAIN APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, OR TO WAIT FURTHER PROCESSING, BEFORE THEIR APPLICATION CAN BE FINALLY DECIDED.

Thus, all applicants are encouraged to apply as far in advance as possible before their intended departure, so that enough time is allowed to resolve any procedural problems, should any come up.

Comment

Thanks for the info Depo man but I don't think that answered my question.
          Yes I will be going to the interview with him in hopes that the embassy will allow me to be there while he is interviewed.

So my original question is still out there.

Comment

Ayesha: Yes he has to wait anywhere from 30 to 45 days. I know this becuase this happened to my nephew as well, but dont worry, if everything else is fine, then he would get it inshallah like my nephew.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation