X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldE
    replied
    The question is not properly asked and lacks necessary details so even the most professional immigration attorney can't provide any suggestions or answers to it.
    What was the basis of bf deportation, under what section of law , how long ago, what are the basis of filing for a waiver, where is it going to be filed and so on.
    On top it, most of us who post here are not lawyers and have only basic, layman's knowledge of INA.
    Public forum is not the right place to ask questions involving complex immigration laws and regulations.

Stick with the attorney you have got or, if you don't think he or she is competent, find the one you are confident about and let them assist you in legal matters.

Lots of lawyers offer Free Initial Consultations, so you have a lot of professionals to chose from.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• NO AMNESTY!!!
    replied
    Thank you S12, you said it all.

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    The attorney was mostly wrong.

You could file for a waiver (or waivers, since he was deported), however before that happens, he needs to have an application filed on his behalf (the waivers are filed after the denial for green card / fiancé(e) visa). In this case, since you are not engaged or married, you're ineligible to sponsor him.

Leave a comment:

• georgecombey
    replied
    Hi there,

I think it is much better if you consult your case to an immigration lawyer.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    -this post has been deleted for violation of board rules-

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Your attorney can do absolutely zilch towards bringing your law breaking BF back to MY country....your law breaking BF will first have to qualify in all respects for a visa...and that won't be a tourist visa because he has already shown total disregard for our laws...and he's nowhere near smart enough to qualify for an H1B...but please...go ahead and give that attorney pots of money and see what you get.....a deportee is automatically inadmissable for 10, count 'em, 10 long years along with any other ineligibilities he likely has due to his sterling character....still amazing that the trailerparks of America are so full of double digit IQ manatees

Leave a comment:

• ViviYLuis
    replied
    my bf was deported.. no crimnial record i want to bring him back talked to an atty where i work about this and he said he can send immigration a letter of waiver. what kind of letter or what can i do to bring him??

Leave a comment:

• ViviYLuis
    started a topic Immigration Law Question: Immigration issues

Immigration Law Question: Immigration issues

my bf was deported.. no crimnial record i want to bring him back talked to an atty where i work about this and he said he can send immigration a letter of waiver. what kind of letter or what can i do to bring him??
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney