Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: Immigration issues

my bf was deported.. no crimnial record i want to bring him back talked to an atty where i work about this and he said he can send immigration a letter of waiver. what kind of letter or what can i do to bring him??
    Your so close to me... But yet your so far away!!! Te amo Juan Luis
    3/15/2008

my bf was deported.. no crimnial record i want to bring him back talked to an atty where i work about this and he said he can send immigration a letter of waiver. what kind of letter or what can i do to bring him??
    Your so close to me... But yet your so far away!!! Te amo Juan Luis
    3/15/2008

Comment

Your attorney can do absolutely zilch towards bringing your law breaking BF back to MY country....your law breaking BF will first have to qualify in all respects for a visa...and that won't be a tourist visa because he has already shown total disregard for our laws...and he's nowhere near smart enough to qualify for an H1B...but please...go ahead and give that attorney pots of money and see what you get.....a deportee is automatically inadmissable for 10, count 'em, 10 long years along with any other ineligibilities he likely has due to his sterling character....still amazing that the trailerparks of America are so full of double digit IQ manatees

Comment

-this post has been deleted for violation of board rules-

Comment

Hi there,

I think it is much better if you consult your case to an immigration lawyer.
          George Combey
          gimme info on green card application

Comment

The attorney was mostly wrong.

You could file for a waiver (or waivers, since he was deported), however before that happens, he needs to have an application filed on his behalf (the waivers are filed after the denial for green card / fiancé(e) visa). In this case, since you are not engaged or married, you're ineligible to sponsor him.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thank you S12, you said it all.

Comment

The question is not properly asked and lacks necessary details so even the most professional immigration attorney can't provide any suggestions or answers to it.
                What was the basis of bf deportation, under what section of law , how long ago, what are the basis of filing for a waiver, where is it going to be filed and so on.
                On top it, most of us who post here are not lawyers and have only basic, layman's knowledge of INA.
                Public forum is not the right place to ask questions involving complex immigration laws and regulations.

Stick with the attorney you have got or, if you don't think he or she is competent, find the one you are confident about and let them assist you in legal matters.

Lots of lawyers offer Free Initial Consultations, so you have a lot of professionals to chose from.

Good luck.
                http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation