Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friends Husband of only 2yrs WALKED OUT

Please can anyone help me help my friend?
    She has a Working Visa and she has been Married for 2yrs. Her Husband walked out on her 3mos ago, and her Case just came up. What is she to do?

Please can anyone help me help my friend?
    She has a Working Visa and she has been Married for 2yrs. Her Husband walked out on her 3mos ago, and her Case just came up. What is she to do?

Comment

I think you will have to prove "abandonment". Going with a lawyer to the interview may help.
      Just my opinion.

Comment

Dear Rcharles: she should seek advice from those hand-wringing twittering cows at 'immigrate2us.net' (yes, another plug for your "fabulous" site)...however, all she will read there is a bunch of baloney about men in general...

Comment

Dear Friend,

Sometimes it hurts to see how people here do not even think twice of ruining your life. They don't understand how hard it has been on your friend to reach anything as a foreigner...I am not American. All I can say is that she can get a lawyer and find out his intentions. If he is still willing to support her case, then great, but if he wants a divorce or will seek one, her lawyer must adjust her status until she reapplies either through another husband or a legal H-1 visa....Too bad. I feel for her.

Comment

You'll need to clarify to get accurate direction. When you say your friend has a "working visa" do you mean she has an employment based status or an Employment Authorization Document?
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation