Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special case, please help ... (FBI record)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special case, please help ... (FBI record)

Hi my friends,
    I have already applied for a student visa to Canada : to continue my studies in Ontario. I want to know if my experience in the US will affect the decision for a student visa to Canada.
    Here is my case :
    I was 17 when I went to the US, soon after the horrible events of September 11 2001, as a F1 student (student visa) to the US, I had no problems at all at first, I was studying hard and getting very good grades, actually I was very happy since the school courses were easy and the university was a very good place for studying. I started having problems on the third semester when they raised the tuitions about 25 %.. I had no financial support at that time, only dad who had to pay for both of me and my brother but he wasn't able to, especially when the university raised the tuitions... and that when I made the big mistake, I thought of working off campus to help pay my tuitions without knowing that I am not allowed to work, actually most international students that I knew at the university were working so I thought why not start working and help dad, I solved the problem as I worked for more than 2 years...
    Then one day I heard that the INS (Immigration and Naturalisation Services) started arresting some international students and that was just in some states and not others (actually small states and not big ones) for some reason ... I heard at that time that they were arresting them because they were working... I stopped working at that time, but I couldn't believe that they were just arresting them for working... there must be another reason... I found out later that I was in deep trouble. Many friends (Americans and also foreigners) suggested that I should leave my state and go to another and they would help financially and all that, but I didn't, realising that I might make it worse...
    Soon after that I got arrested by the INS myself, my brother who was married at that time and other friends hired a lawyer for me, he told me that I had a big chance to win the case because I didn't do any harm to the US community and never had any problems with anybody ... the lawyer told me that I had to choose between continuing the process which will take more time and money or voluntary departure and not deportation...
    I chose the voluntary departure...
    Sorry for writing too long; just wanted to make you understand my whole situation and hoping to get some help from you my friends.
    My situation now is not the same as 5 years ago...
    Now; I have more than the required financial help... I have my father here who has a better job, my brother who is a permanent resident of the US and most importantly my aunt in Ontario who is a Canadian citizen, who has been in Canada for more than 25 years and willing to help me with anything... I got a 2 year-diploma in commerce and international commerce .... I have no English language problems now, I know what I am going to face in Canada since the study system in Canada is pretty much the same as that one of the US, I know now, not everything, but a lot about my rights and my obligations ....
    Right now I went and applied for the student visa at the Canadian embassy, the immigration officer approved all the documents, she told me that I have to bring an FBI check from USA.
    My questions please are:
    1) Will the FBI record show that I had a voluntary departure from the US? Does the FBI record usually show immigration records?
    2) If my FBI record shows that I have voluntary departure, will that affect my application and may result in refusal for my student visa?
    Hope to hear from you soon and sorry again for writing too long.
    Regards,

Hi my friends,
    I have already applied for a student visa to Canada : to continue my studies in Ontario. I want to know if my experience in the US will affect the decision for a student visa to Canada.
    Here is my case :
    I was 17 when I went to the US, soon after the horrible events of September 11 2001, as a F1 student (student visa) to the US, I had no problems at all at first, I was studying hard and getting very good grades, actually I was very happy since the school courses were easy and the university was a very good place for studying. I started having problems on the third semester when they raised the tuitions about 25 %.. I had no financial support at that time, only dad who had to pay for both of me and my brother but he wasn't able to, especially when the university raised the tuitions... and that when I made the big mistake, I thought of working off campus to help pay my tuitions without knowing that I am not allowed to work, actually most international students that I knew at the university were working so I thought why not start working and help dad, I solved the problem as I worked for more than 2 years...
    Then one day I heard that the INS (Immigration and Naturalisation Services) started arresting some international students and that was just in some states and not others (actually small states and not big ones) for some reason ... I heard at that time that they were arresting them because they were working... I stopped working at that time, but I couldn't believe that they were just arresting them for working... there must be another reason... I found out later that I was in deep trouble. Many friends (Americans and also foreigners) suggested that I should leave my state and go to another and they would help financially and all that, but I didn't, realising that I might make it worse...
    Soon after that I got arrested by the INS myself, my brother who was married at that time and other friends hired a lawyer for me, he told me that I had a big chance to win the case because I didn't do any harm to the US community and never had any problems with anybody ... the lawyer told me that I had to choose between continuing the process which will take more time and money or voluntary departure and not deportation...
    I chose the voluntary departure...
    Sorry for writing too long; just wanted to make you understand my whole situation and hoping to get some help from you my friends.
    My situation now is not the same as 5 years ago...
    Now; I have more than the required financial help... I have my father here who has a better job, my brother who is a permanent resident of the US and most importantly my aunt in Ontario who is a Canadian citizen, who has been in Canada for more than 25 years and willing to help me with anything... I got a 2 year-diploma in commerce and international commerce .... I have no English language problems now, I know what I am going to face in Canada since the study system in Canada is pretty much the same as that one of the US, I know now, not everything, but a lot about my rights and my obligations ....
    Right now I went and applied for the student visa at the Canadian embassy, the immigration officer approved all the documents, she told me that I have to bring an FBI check from USA.
    My questions please are:
    1) Will the FBI record show that I had a voluntary departure from the US? Does the FBI record usually show immigration records?
    2) If my FBI record shows that I have voluntary departure, will that affect my application and may result in refusal for my student visa?
    Hope to hear from you soon and sorry again for writing too long.
    Regards,

Comment

1. Yes, FBI record has everything associated with your name(s), SSN, and fingerprints.
      2. Well, you've violated the law in USA by working when not allowed to (did you pay taxes? If you did, it might soften your case). There would be the same threat for Canada that it can happen again (the tuition would go up and you are forced to work).

You might want to maybe look at the bonds to assure that you won't work?
      It's just my opinion. NOT a leagl advice.

Comment

Thank you for your reply ...
        yes i did pay taxes ... it's true that i have viloated my visa terms by working of campus, though I am sure, as I explained before, I won't have any financial problems during my stay in canada, because i have my father, my canadian citizen aunt, my permanent resident brother in the US ...
        Regards,

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed