X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Scented
    replied
    You should get a notice from USCIS telling you the case has been transferred to the Appeals Unit. Of course, there is no guarantee you will! It is still possible that USCIS will approve your case. If they don't, current processing times for I-485 Appeals in DC run at around 10 months.

Leave a comment:

• Depika
    replied
    Thanks Cedar Scented for you reply: I sent my appeals application with $110.00 fee three months ago and I still did not receive a receipts notice yet, The USCIS received my registered mail and cashed the $110.00 fee money order, Do you think the USCIS should send me a receipt notice or not? What do you think might happen to my appeals? Thanks

Mohan: I just read your reply; do you think the straight decision will come by mail from my local INS office not AAO in Washington, telling me of their decision?
    Do you think appeals will by reviewed by supervisor officer because most INS officer doesn't know that much about CSS/LULAC and 1987 Amnesty? Thanks Mohan for your help and advise.

Leave a comment:

• mohan
    replied
    ther are no receipt for AAO filing. straight decision will come by mail.

Leave a comment:

• Cedar Scented
    replied
    The idea is that USCIS take another look at the petition/application before sending it to the Appeals Unit in DC. Generally, it takes 4 to 6 weeks for them to send it to DC if they do not approve it on the second look. My understanding is that the vast majority get sent to DC.

Leave a comment:

• Depika
    replied
    Mohan, please we need your help here. Anybody went through the appeal process, please share your experience. Thank

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    You didn't say legalization. That's different.

Leave a comment:

• Depika
    replied
    Yes, you can appeal I-485, I'm appealing my Life Legalization denial. It's in my denial letter from USCIS telling me I can appeal to AAO if I don't agree with their decision

Leave a comment:

• BronzeLady
    replied
    You cannot appeal an I-485 decision to the AAO. Did you appeal a petition decision? Give more details for an accurate answer.

Leave a comment:

• Depika
    replied
    We need help from the expert here! Anybody went through the appeal process, please share your experience. Thank

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• Depika
    replied
    When somebody appeal his I-485 denial to administrative appeals office, does the USCIS send the applicant a receipt for the appeal? Does the USCIS try to take a second look Into the case to find out if they can adjudicated his/her application before they forward his case to the Administrative Appeals Office in Washington D.C. and how long it take the USCIS to forward the appeals case to AAO in Washington

[This message was edited by Depika on March 08, 2004 at 09:09 AM.]

Leave a comment:

• Depika
    started a topic Administrative Appeals Office

Administrative Appeals Office

When somebody appeal his I-485 denial to administrative appeals office, does the USCIS send the applicant a receipt for the appeal? Does the USCIS try to take a second look Into the case to find out if they can adjudicated his/her application before they forward his case to the Administrative Appeals Office in Washington D.C. and how long it take the USCIS to forward the appeals case to AAO in Washington

[This message was edited by Depika on March 08, 2004 at 09:09 AM.]
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation