Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papers for my in-laws?

Is there anyway I can get papers for my in-laws so that they can come see me whenever they want? i heard that maybe I can get them resident cards. but I don't know if I can file for them since they are my in-laws. I also want to get papers for my step children so they can come live with us for the summer. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

Is there anyway I can get papers for my in-laws so that they can come see me whenever they want? i heard that maybe I can get them resident cards. but I don't know if I can file for them since they are my in-laws. I also want to get papers for my step children so they can come live with us for the summer. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

Comment

Your in-laws can apply for visitors' visas, but it's they who need to show their intent to return to their homeland in order to get them. Your spouse could apply for permanent residency for them, but he would need to be a U.S. citizen to sponsor them. If he applies for permanent residency for them, that would compound the difficulty of getting visitors' visas, which require nonimmigrant intent. I'm not sure what the deal is with your step-kids.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation