Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Screening

Does anyone know anything about the Visa Screening that applies to Registered Nurses working in the USA? I have tried to ask my lawyer but he made himself scarce once he received his money he charged me for filing for my 485.
    Anyway, I get mixed answers and need a right one, if I am waiting for my AOL and have been working here on EAD's since 09-2001 do I need to have this Visa Screen Certificate?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know anything about the Visa Screening that applies to Registered Nurses working in the USA? I have tried to ask my lawyer but he made himself scarce once he received his money he charged me for filing for my 485.
    Anyway, I get mixed answers and need a right one, if I am waiting for my AOL and have been working here on EAD's since 09-2001 do I need to have this Visa Screen Certificate?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Mairead,
      I think you need it, we are actually almost on the same situation, I have a pending 485 with the CSC. I have asked my lawyer about it and she told me that nobody is exempted from it(if your an RN). There was an article on that published by Atty Zlata Dikaya, not very long time ago. Visa screen certificate is issued by the CGFNS for foreign graduate nurses. It comprises of 1. you have to pass either the CGFNS test or the NCLEX-RN 2. pass the English tests (TOEFL/TWE/TSE), but in your case you're excempted from this 'coz you're Canadian, except if you'r from Quebec you still have to take it. 3. verification of credentials from your school 4. verification of license from Canada and the state where you are licensed. I have done all of these 'coz I'm from the Phils. and they need the English tests, and at this time they are waiting for the verification of my credentials from the university where I graduated from. I also have a pending family-based/spousal based application from my husband(he's USC), so either way I'm on the safe side. Hope this information helps.Have a great day. By, the way, have you transferred employers already?

Comment

Thanks Lexlee,
        haven't talked to you for a long time and it's just as I figured. I was talking to my Lawyers office yesterday and they don't seem to know anything about it, their reply was, well they just asked you for RFE (whole bunch of stuff) and they didn't ask for a Visa Screen so i guess you don't need it. Well, with an answer like that, I have no confidence in anything they say. I guess I will start the ball rolling as I hear it takes approx. 3 months plus another $325.00.
        I am still with same employer, they are so good to me and I have a great job, so as long as I can safely work and stay here I will probably work for them. How about you? Have you changed employers yet?

Comment

Mairead,
          I'm glad that you're with the same employer, I will have an interview on Tuesday(8/17) with the University of CA Davis, Med Center in the Ortho/General Surgery unit, if I get this job, I will quit my sponsoring employer 'coz the DON and other staff there are stressing me still, plus that nursing home has no very good benefit that's why I'm still quitting. I'm very positives about this Visa Screen 'coz I have talked to 3 lawyers about it and they all tell me the same thing. You better start doing it now 'coz it takes awhile before they can issue it(Visa Screen Certificate). If you want you can E-mail Atty. Zlata Dikaya, she published an article about this about 2-3 weeks ago(she even mentioned those with TN visa) here in ILW, look for her e-mail address on the lawyers' directory, I did e-mail her about this and she replied. Well ,that's all for now. Talk to you later and hope everything works out for you. I think they have increased the rates on the Visa Screen application, go to www. CGFNS.ORG for more info.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation