Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-1 HELP PLEASE! My VISA says NOT SUBJECT to the 2 year but my first DS2019 SAYS SUBJ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted March 29, 2006 07:59 AM
    First of all, hello and thanks a lot for all the help you can bring.
    I am a J-1 and I'm starting a H1B process. First thing I need to know is if I need the waiver or not.
    My VISA says NOT SUBJECT to the 2 year residence requirement but my first DS2019 says subject to the 2 year residence requirement. I renewed my DS2019 and the new one says NOT SUBJECT to the 2 year residence requirement. So CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? I dont know what to do!!! Thanks!!!
    When did you apply for the H-1b and when did you renew your DS2019? I might be able to help you if I knew these two pieces of information.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hello. Actually, I haven't applied for the h1-b because the lawyers here are waiting for me to get the waiver before starting the process. So the h1b filing is on hold until i do the waiver process. What I did is that I asked for advisory from the department of state. I don't know how long that will take. The problem for me on filing the waiver is that it will take A LOT of time. I already contacted the embassy and they told me that the process is long. I renewed my ds2019 on october last year (2005). Thanks for your help!!!
      Oh and one last thing, my renewed ds2019 doesn't have anything marked! just to clarify that

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation