Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR-11 change of address - please advise.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR-11 change of address - please advise.......

I know this is going to sound completely ignorant of me, but i've only just realized that as a LPR i MUST fill out an AR-11 of when i move (i moved a almost year ago now) - i had absolutely no prior knowledge of this and am now really worried about this as apparently its a 'deportable' offense - this was totally not a 'willful' act on my part - i just simply didn't know.

please can anyone advise what i should do - i know i should send off an AR-11 immediately......should i attach a covering letter - will this make any difference and if so - what on earth should i say?

any advise would really help - i feel gutted that i missed this - does anyone know if it will it affect my I-130 petition for my spouse (i'm still awaiting initial approval)................

thanks for any advice.......

I know this is going to sound completely ignorant of me, but i've only just realized that as a LPR i MUST fill out an AR-11 of when i move (i moved a almost year ago now) - i had absolutely no prior knowledge of this and am now really worried about this as apparently its a 'deportable' offense - this was totally not a 'willful' act on my part - i just simply didn't know.

please can anyone advise what i should do - i know i should send off an AR-11 immediately......should i attach a covering letter - will this make any difference and if so - what on earth should i say?

any advise would really help - i feel gutted that i missed this - does anyone know if it will it affect my I-130 petition for my spouse (i'm still awaiting initial approval)................

thanks for any advice.......

Comment

The only options you have now are to leave the country immediately or surrender yourself and face a long prison sentence. I see no other viable option. Goodbye.

Comment

As with many issues the determination of the penalties will be based on whether your failure to report "was reasonably excusable or was not willful."

http://www.immigrate2us.net
        I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

Ha ha just kidding; they give out geeen cards like Arabs gave out candy on 9/11. Don't worry; no one cares about our laws why should you

Comment

Michael, sometimes you really are almost funny

Comment

Humdebug,
              First of all, ignore this Michael 'guy';he is the jerk of this board.

Just send the AR-11 ASAP they will not know when you moved.

But send the AR-11 ASAP.

Comment

Why wouldn't you just complete the form and send it in? Why would anything special need to be done? On prior posts regarding this apparently it is very important that you retain proof that you did send it in.

Comment

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING ANYWAY. I SENT IN THAT FORM FOR MY HUSBAND WHEN WE MOVED. I ALSO CALLED THE SERVICE CENTER TO CHANGE MY ADDRESS WITH THEM. I CALLED EVERY MONTH FOR FOUR MONTHS TO CHECK UP AND SEE IF OUR ADDRESS HAD BEEN CHANGED "IN THE SYSTEM" YET. FINALLY IT WAS CHANGED FOUR MONTHS LATER! ANYONE WHO HAS CALLED THAT PLACE CAN SEE THAT ITS STAFF IS ALMOST AS INTELLIGENT AND EFFICIENT AS KMART EMPLOYEES!!
                  Have a nice day

Comment

thanks everyone.....appreciate the rapid responses, i was just concerned i'd have to write on it the date of change of address (over a year ago) but i've just downloaded it and it doesn't appear so............

i'll send it off tomorrow - by registered mail.

once again thanks!

Comment

I've recently had to deal with an AR 11 episode. I was not so kindly instructed that not only do you need to send in this form, but you must also phone the change of address in. I did not know of the second part.

Comment

I am filling out the AR 11 form and it asks for Port of Entry and Entry Date.... Is this the information on the first time I cam to the US? or what is on my GC??? Help!

Comment

Yes POE is where you landed when you came to US for first time.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation