•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me

Hi guys;
    I have 3 really small questions if anyone knows the answer and can help me:
    1) When you re-apply for the I-131, Refugee travel document do you have to send in the old unexpired one too! What if I want to travel?

2) When you file an AOS based on Asylee status does that affect the continuous presence requirement?

3) Can one file for the DV lottery visa even though they are already in the US and status has expired...

Thanks so much.

Hi guys;
    I have 3 really small questions if anyone knows the answer and can help me:
    1) When you re-apply for the I-131, Refugee travel document do you have to send in the old unexpired one too! What if I want to travel?

2) When you file an AOS based on Asylee status does that affect the continuous presence requirement?

3) Can one file for the DV lottery visa even though they are already in the US and status has expired...

Thanks so much.

Comment

3) if you have no status, you cannot apply for a change of one. Hence, if you are here out of status, you cannot adjust to permanent resident status.

Comment

Thanks for the response but I thought the DV lottery is can be entered by anyone since it's a lottery and if you application gets selected then you get lucky...I.E. does that erase the period of unauthorized stay in the US? Prior to winning the lottery. Thanks

Comment

it does say in the official rules, that you have to be eligible for a change of status, that is to be in legal status.

Comment

Hi Jaxx:
            1. According to the instructions on the I-131 form, in order to apply for a new refugee document you will need to return the previous one to CIS. If you need to travel, you should file upon returning.
            2. I am unclear on your question. Which continuous presence requirement are you referring to?
            3. If you are selective for the DV lottery visa and you are accruing unlawful presence, you will be able to file for adjustment only if you are applying under 245(i). This means that you have previously filed an alien labor certification or immigrant petition on or before April 30, 2001.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation