Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please...

I just filed my AOS based on employment last week. Would applying for a business license in my name jeopardize my chances? I don't foresee any income from the business for at least a year. Any comment would be much appreciated... thanks.

I just filed my AOS based on employment last week. Would applying for a business license in my name jeopardize my chances? I don't foresee any income from the business for at least a year. Any comment would be much appreciated... thanks.

Comment

Not only you can apply for a license, you can run that business, and even pay yourself a salary, as long as you have approved EAD. Of course, you need to continue to work for your sponsor in the mean time.

Comment

If you AOS is based on employment, then the company you are starting should be financially sound enough to pay to you and your job should be same or similar to that of defined in your labor.

There are further complications if you start using your own company and started working on EAD. Many attorneys discourage this as this will complicate your AOS adjudication.

Please visit the following web sites, which dealt with such topics already:
        www.immigrationportal.com
        www.immigrationvoice.org
        www.murthy.com

(PS: Above is my personal opinion and please refer to a lawyer for advice)

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed