::Way to Inner Peace::

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another version of the beautiful "Desiderada".

Desiderada Too

"Don't go placidly amid the apathy and lethargy. Remember that your silence is consent and there can be no peace where there is injustice.

You can't please all the people all the time, so shout your truth from the mountain top and don't accept nonsense from the bigoted, the ignorant and the self-serving.

Don't avoid people who are upset. They may have good reasons and your care and interest may make them less aggressive.

Be tolerant of the diversity that makes everyone special and be aware that there are no persons greater or lesser than yourself.

Don't live in the past or future. Enjoy the present.

Don't become obsessed by your own career. It cannot give you security or possession of anything or anyone.

Exercise trust in your dealings but be circumspect, as the world is full of materialists.

Become yourself. Express affection for all people and all species.

Be sceptical about romance for it is as transient as a summer flower.

Don't become tired in your ways and never surrender your sense of wonder. Don't be defensive. Be optimistic and imaginative.

Fatigue and loneliness are born of fear. Be rigorous in accepting responsibility for your actions and their consequences.

You are a child of your less than perfect parents and like the trees and the stars your time will pass. And whether or not it is clear to you, things are not working out nearly as well as they could.

Whatever you conceive God to be, also be aware that every single thing you do actually changes the world. Dreams cannot be broken and they will give you no peace if you don't act with integrity.

Unfortunately, this world is becoming uglier each day.

Be brave.

Strive for the right of all people to make their own paths."

Found in a South Australian kitchen. Copyright 1992 Andrew Bunney.
    Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Jo

Thanks so much for those. both very beautiful indeed. Cant decide which one I like better however equally beautiful.

Comment

This was originally posted by Julie last year. It is a nice poem about growth and hope. One of my favorites.

posted October 14, 2003 04:06 PM
        AFTER A WHILE

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.

And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security. And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.

And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes ahead, with the strength of an man, not the grief of a child.

And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans, and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight. .

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to leave you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure;
        You really are strong, you really do have worth.

And you learn; with every goodbye you learn.

Comment

I hadn't read Desiderada in years and I love the second one as well! Julie posted that poem on my birthday but I don't remember seeing it last year. Such thought provoking writings.

Comment

Truth, I know you think that the sun shines out of your a-r-s-e...........but you must be carrying around a wide load zit covered *** to produce this pile of horse s-h-i-t. You give a new meaning to the concept of freedom of speech

Comment

oh the bleeped out word is a-s-s

Comment

Paddy
                posted September 06, 2004 12:30 AM

Truth, I know you think that the sun shines out of your a-r-s-e...........but you must be carrying around a wide load zit covered *** to produce this pile of horse s-h-i-t. You give a new meaning to the concept of freedom of speech

oh the bleeped out word is a-s-s

Freedom of expression is one of the most fundamental rights that individuals enjoy. It is fundamental to the existence of democracy and the respect of human dignity. It is also one of the most dangerous rights, because freedom of expression means the freedom to express one's discontent with the status quo and the desire to change it. As such, it is one of the most threatened rights, with governments - and even human rights groups - all over the world constantly trying to curtail it.

The United States, probably like no other nation, has recognized the importance of freedom of expression to safeguard democracy and grow as a nation. However, this does not mean there are no efforts to try to curtail it. The internet has often been the target of this efforts, as it provides practically everyone with the ability to communicate their ideas to wide audiences and escapes the ability of the state to control it.

@

There once was a soul
                who fought for free speech,
                yes,
                they actually fought,
                (what a gem,
                what a peach !)

But...

when they came home
                and told of what they'd done,
                I screamed out:

" WAR ...is STUPID !"

To be continued.
                Are you sure you've never hurt anyone? Have you considered the things you speak to others? Jesus warns in Matthew 5:21-22 that even being unjustly angry with someone puts you in danger of judgment. Also, how many people have you hurt because of thing

Comment

Hi Still.

I was thinking of you, so I posted Desiderada, the only inspiration I know. I found the second one by accident.

P.S. It was really hard not to rag on Truth, but I respected your wishes.

Besides, Paddy took care of it for me on his own.
                  Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Why is it so difficult to respect others?

Because we live in a society that is highly competitive. To disrespect another is to place yourself above them in status and in what you presume you deserve. That disrespect permits denial of any harm such competitiveness may cause to another and justification that you deserve more than another. To respect another is to bring to conscious awareness that all of us are more alike in our humanity than we are different across nations, across races, across beliefs, and across gender.

Love and peace.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love,
                    Honor one another above yourselves."
                    Are you sure you've never hurt anyone? Have you considered the things you speak to others? Jesus warns in Matthew 5:21-22 that even being unjustly angry with someone puts you in danger of judgment. Also, how many people have you hurt because of thing

Comment

Here you go Jo, I'll rag on him/her. Okay Truth, if I wanted to go to church I f-ucking would. Inner piece is wanting what you already have. Simple. Try, please and I mean really try to direct your religious s-hit to the proper forum. Perhaps you could invest some of your time and money towards Jim Baker . He would truly appreciate any and all contributions. Have fun

Comment

::RELATION BETWEEN IGNORANCE, MISUNDERSTANDING AND INTEGRAL KNOWLEDGE::

Have you ever been really misunderstood? I mean, like impure motives slapped on you, and no way to disprove them? Circumstances that are too complex, with too many players, and it doesn't matter what you do or say, people look suspiciously at you?

-The ability to simply know things in their completeness, fullness, and in their integral relationship, is what we mean by "Knowledge" or "Integral Knowledge." It is a status that enables one to understand, perceive, have access to the true truths, the integral truths, the vast quantity and quality of truths that are emerging at any given moment in time.

-Our current way of knowing in life is fairly close to the opposite of Knowledge. That opposite we call "Ignorance." In the Ignorance we have extremely limited knowledge that is there, that is unfolding at any moment in time; we have false and error-filled knowledge; non-integral, related to the whole knowledge. We are living in one millionth of our knowledge potential at any moment. In that way we are closer to the insect than the potential human being living the Integral Knowledge.

-In the Divine reality, the source of all creation, the essence of all being, there is an original integral Consciousness, reflected as unity, wholeness, perfection, and infinity of Knowledge. Something occurred in the process of the creation of the cosmos, in the emergence of the universe from a Divine source, that caused an Original integral consciousness and Knowledge to turn into, to become Ignorance.

-In that breaking down of the unity and consciousness and knowledge in the process of creation, the Knowledge has turned into Ignorance. In the human individual that Ignorance is expressed primarily in our thinking processes, in the human Mind itself.

-Our minds, though the essential instrument of human consciousness to perceive and comprehend life, is also a flawed instrument. It doesn't see the whole truth of any thing; it only sees a part of any truth. It tends to pick one part or side and say that one part or side is the whole truth, when there are in fact a multiplicity of parts or sides that it rejects. Thus, the mind particularizes things, and most importantly for our inquiry into Ignorance, it excludes things.

-It is the exclusionary nature of mind that is in life the source and cause of the movement away from the unity and truth of the integral Knowledge. This exclusionary aspect of mind is the cause of our Ignorance.

-What we call Falsehood and Evil are simply extensions of Ignorance. What we call Falsehood is a result of our attachment to our Ignorance and unconsciousness. What we call Evil is a result of acting on the unconsciousness of Ignorance and Falsehood. This separateness, rooted in ego and enabled by the limiting action of mind is the root of all falsehood, and evil.

-Whenever we live in ego, there is the greater likelihood that Mind will manifest its exclusionary tendency. The more we are in ego, the more Mind tends to be exclusionary, moving away from the true truth, the whole truth, the myriad of truths; reinforcing our Ignorance.

-When we live on the surface of life, it supports and fortifies our separateness, our sense of own self, rather than the whole of ourselves not separate in relation to the environment and others. This is the ego which reinforces the exclusivity of Mind that is the basis of Ignorance.

-By withdrawing from the surface of life to the depths, we overcome our ego and separateness, which enable Mind to move from its exclusionary Ignorance to exclusionary, integral Knowledge.
                        -We move to the depths by connecting at a point with our Subliminal being. This is inner concentration.

-Touching one's personal evolving soul, establishes a new nature, which moves us away from an ego-based existence, toward a more permanent connection through our minds with the greater forces emerging in the environment and the universe, placing us at the doorstep of the vast, infinite, true, whole Integral Knowledge available to us at any moment in time.

-As we live more and more in the psychic realm, in the personal evolving soul, we experience a state of silence, which enables our thinking processes to function far more efficiently. In silence our minds come quickly to the right conclusions, sense the right thoughts, have a clarity of understanding and insight. At a further stage knowledge begins to descend into our minds from the universal plane as illumination of light, of vision, of revelation of knowledge. Further still one can begin to have intuitions of knowledge descending into one's mind. When one needs to know something, the knowledge simply appears in his mind, without the necessity of any of the ordinary thinking processes of mind. The knowledge simply enters one's mind from the universal plane of mind, where all knowledge resides in its unity and totality.

-To have this Integral Knowledge, that mirrors the integral consciousness of the Divine Reality, we must discover an ultimate truth consciousness that enables us to become completely one with, in perfect identity with, unseperated from the object of knowledge. This is the unitarian supramental truth consciousness, an ultimate status of human consciousness and evolution.
                        -As a result of a great development in consciousness, we are now open to the many-sided, multi-faceted, integral understanding, insight, and knowledge that is to us available in the atmosphere at any point in time. In that way we function with the ultimate mental efficiency in life; enabling the greatest and highest quality knowledge to enter our minds in the shortest period of time with the least effort. We bring the future into the present. We open ourselves to have the knowledge to accomplish at 1000 or more times faster, better then we do now. We open the doors of the infinite Knowledge to appear in the finite Ignorance of the present. We open the doorways to becoming a new evolutionary being.

Comment

NEW >

::WHERE IS GOD?::

God is everywhere." I tried to understand 'everywhere' and ended up thinking that God was like the air, surrounding the world I knew and even filling the heavens. But I didn't have a sense of God's closeness, God's presence in my life.
                          I still don't have that sense all the time, since darkness sometimes pulls the shades inside. But now I know that if I wait quietly instead of stumbling and trying to 'fix' the lights, my eyes often learn to see things I might have missed in the brilliance of day. And sure enough, God is everywhere, but 'everywhere' has shrunken and other ether has become the everyday, the people, places and things that grace my life.
                          For example, I find God in the small kindnesses I receive from people who are unaware they're treating me kindly: the woman who holds the door for me, even if I don't have my arms full; the salesclerk who, after I decide against a purchase, thanks me for coming in--and means it; the student who e-mails me a thank-you note at the end of the semester. God is in the men in Trenton State Prison who teach me patience and the men on the snowplow who, seeing me struggle to free my mailbox, gently scoop it clear.

God hides in things, too. The Ladybug that, since Thanksgiving, guards our house and reappears whenever I get dispirited; the tiny bird that returns each spring to fill the red maple behind the kitchen with impossible song; the blizzard that clogs the roads and clears the calendars. All these remind me to trust in God's endless, boundless providence.
                          And if I can remember to look, I find God even through little annoyances that irk me. Two days ago, I was slowed by a gigantic, Darth Vader-like tractor-trailer that, despite the yellow warning light, pulled into the intersection I was waiting at. For the next three signal changes, this monster backed and crept as it made its wide turn, and as the line behind me grew hotter and hotter. but instead of feeling angry, I was chuckling by the time we moved, for I had just seen an eighteen-wheeled parable. In six-foot black letters that bristled against the yellow paneling, the truck cautioned soberly against 'PRIDE.'

So, when I keep searching, even in the dark, finding God is a never-ending treasure hunt. And I don't even have to search all by myself. I just have to start looking, because God is so eager to find me that God gives me clues. If I'm awake enough to notice, God is here -- and there, in you and in me-- and everywhere.

Comment

NEW >

::10 SIMPLE WAYS THAT LEAD YOU TO HAPPINESS::

1. Decide to be Happy - Yes, we all have reasons to be angry, sad, disappointed, and depressed, but we all have reasons to be happy. Instead of focusing on what keeps you down, focus on what keeps you up.

2. Smile - Try to smile when you don't feel like it. The very act of smiling can just make you feel like a new person. Smiling invites others to feel happy too.

3. Be with Others - Don't be alone too much. Being alone makes you focus on yourself. Talk to others and motivate others to be happy. Ask others about themselves and show interest. Happiness is contagious.

4. Help Others - Helping others makes you see your gifts that God gave you. You also have an opportunity to make someone's life just a bit more pleasant.

5. Be Happy with What you Have - Stop comparing what others might or might not have and being jealous. Look at what you have. I challenge you to write down 100 things/reasons you're thankful. You'll see you have a lot to be grateful for.

6. Look at the Silver Lining - In about every situation, there is some hope or something good. Never give up hope in life. Hope keeps you going.

7. Pray - Pray to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit that They help you to be happy. They can inspire you.

8. Attend Mass Regularly - Of course it's a Holy Day of Obligation to attend Mass on Sunday. Make sure you do because it will make you feel happy. When possible, try attending the daily Masses. The more time you spend with God, the better you'll feel.

9. Slow Down - Enjoy life. We only have one shot at life. Each day gives us opportunity to do something great.

10. Reassess Your Priorties - Are God and your family dropping in your list of priorties? It could be time to reassess what is important. When you're meeting your priorties, you'll feel happier.

Comment

jesus christ
                              Christianity is centered upon the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, as chronicled in the Gospels, and the texts of the New Testament which develop theological themes centered upon him. Believed born around 4 BC, Jesus is said to have begun his ministry around 30 AD, during the time of Tiberius Caesar. After performing great miracles he is said to have been crucified by the Romans under direction from the Jewish religious authorities.

Given the title of Jesus Christ, he has become an important figure of salvation, his death a sacrifice to atone for all human sin since the time of Adam, the first man, as chronicled in the Book of Genesis in the Old Testament.

His hebrew name is originally "Yeshoshua", Jesus being a Greek form of the word. The Latin rendering would be Joshua. The title of Christ itself comes from the Greek word for "annointed", which is a reference to the tradition of Old Testament prophets being annointed in a ritualistic manner. In the New Testament it is used implicitly as the title of the Jewish Messiah.

canon
                              The whole tradition is believed to have existed at first only in **** form, with various writings slowly coming into existence over the next hundred years after the death of Jesus. There is a great amount of debate among Biblical scholars as to which came first. The Gospels are often cited as having being composed from around 50 AD. However, the first time they appear in the form as we know now does not occur until around the middle of the second century AD.

The Epistles of Saul of Tarsus (Saint Paul) are less contentious, with general agreement of their origin being in in the 50's and 60's AD. They are most likely the first textual material of the accepted Christian canon. This is important as St. Paul effectively is the origin for all Christian theology.

A relatively large number of Christian texts claiming informed origin soon became read about the Roman Empire, some of which are obvious and poor fakes, whereas others present interesting philosophical angles. It took the will of the Roman Emperor Constantine to bring together various Christian Bishops in 325 AD, at the Council of Nicaea, to decide upon an authorised Christian canon for an alerady greatly diversified religion. Despite the strong will of persons such as Arius, it was Athanasius whose viewpoint essentially became dominant in deciding what core of the New Testament was accepted. By 397 AD, with the addition of Revelations at the Council of Chalcedon, the authoritive version of the Bible that we have today was complete.

themes
                              According to the Gospel of Luke in chapter 10, Jesus is challenged to state which he believes are the most importnat commandments of God. The King James Version translates the reply as thus: "And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy god with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."

Comment

America's faith is alive and well, according to a new Gallup poll that also found that President Bush is favored by the faithful over Democratic candidate Sen. John Kerry.
                                The survey found that six out of 10 Americans said religion is "very important" to them in daily life "” a steadfast figure that has remained virtually unchanged in the past decade, according to Gallup. Twenty-six percent said religion was "fairly" important, while just 15 percent said it didn't matter.

The survey of 1,000 adults was conducted June 3 to June 6 and released yesterday.
                                Faith is also a practical concern: 61 percent said religion can solve "all or most of today's problems," while just 24 percent said faith was "old- fashioned and out of date."
                                Religious preferences also colored politics.

Among all Protestants in the survey, 56 percent said they would vote for Mr. Bush and 39 percent for Mr. Kerry. But the fervent favored the president.

Out of those who had attended services in the last week, 66 percent would vote for Mr. Bush and 31 percent for Mr. Kerry. Among those who deemed religion "very important," the numbers were 63 percent and 33 percent, respectively.

Forty-nine percent of all Catholic respondents said they would vote for the Massachusetts senator, while 42 percent said they'd vote for Mr. Bush. The president had an edge among the devout, however.

Among Catholics who had attended church in the past week, 47 percent favored Mr. Bush and 45 percent Mr. Kerry. Among Catholics who said religion was "very important," 46 percent favored Mr. Bush and 45 percent Mr. Kerry.

As a practicing Catholic, Mr. Kerry's support of abortion rights and stem-cell research has irked some of his fellow Catholics and prompted church leaders to adopt a statement last week warning Catholic politicians they were "cooperating in evil" if they favored such things. They left the decision to give those politicians Communion up to the local bishops.

But Washington Archbishop Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick warned the group that denying Communion to errant lawmakers could make the sacrament a "partisan political battleground."

Meanwhile, Gallup found that if independent Ralph Nader is factored in, Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry are basically tied among Catholics, with 43 percent favoring Mr. Kerry and 42 percent Mr. Bush. Nine percent said they would vote for Mr. Nader.

"Similar patterns are found when Nader is included on the [Protestant] ballot with Bush and Kerry," the survey stated.

Gallup analyst Joseph Carroll called the United States "a predominantly Christian nation."

Overall, 64 percent belong to a church or synagogue. Forty-three percent have attended services in the past seven days.

Among the 1,000 respondents, 48 percent said they were Protestants.

In this group, 11 percent were Baptist, 9 percent Methodist, 6 percent Southern Baptist, 5 percent Lutheran, 3 percent Presbyterian, 2 percent Pentecostal, 2 percent Church of Christ and 2 percent Episcopalian.

Of the rest of the respondents, 25 percent were Catholics, 11 percent were "Christian, non-specific," 3 percent were Jewish, 1 percent Mormon, 1 percent Orthodox, 7 percent had "no religion" and 4 percent were "other," or did not designate a religion.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation