Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposition of Arrest(s) for Renewal of Permanent Resident Card

My dad has applied for a renewal of his permanent resident card because his old card is one that does not have an expiration date. He now has an appointment to do his biometrics and is being asked to bring in a "Disposition of Arrest(s)" with him to his appointment. Does anyone know what that is and where he can get what they need?

My dad has applied for a renewal of his permanent resident card because his old card is one that does not have an expiration date. He now has an appointment to do his biometrics and is being asked to bring in a "Disposition of Arrest(s)" with him to his appointment. Does anyone know what that is and where he can get what they need?

Comment

Hi JG

Has your Dad ever been arrested?

If so. police report /citation of crime and the outcome in court would be the disposition

District court or county court would have record. Most of those things are online these days and you could look up from there.

Comment

JG, this information that USCIS requesting is ONLY for a person who has been in contact with the LAW. Example: Arrested, Detained and Charge with a crime. Disposition is simply the outcome of the charge of a crime. Certified Disposition can be obtain from the Criminal Court/Supreme Court/Federal Court in the county/place where the crime was committed. If USCIS asked for this information it is obvious that there is a problem. Please do not lie on the application tell the truth and bring the proof.USCIS will verify with the FBI/INS/ICE Etc...They probably did already that is the reason for such request. Good Luck. Speedy!!

Comment

JG

Havent looked at the criteria yet for the 10 yr renewal for those cards.. But I suspect that it is just a standard procedure question asked of everybody in this situation..

If your father has not had any arrests or been cited by the law , then there is nothing to bring. As Speedy has said,, make sure because USCIS will have access and will have checked.

Curious... Why has your father not applied for citizenship yet????/ You need to be aware that 2 misdeamenors coult boot a LPR out of the country/ make the card non renewable. I suspect there are going to be quite a few of these occurances during this renewal process.

Comment

JG, Citizenship is my suggestion if your father is clean, if not Jacoby & Meyers Immediately...

Comment

I appreciate everyone's responses. They've been very helpful.

Comment

JG, I'm in the process for my mom's green card renewal recently as well. She received the same request. If you don't mind could you please let me know what's the result or what have you brought with you for your dad's case. Thank you

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation