X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure

Guys,
    I'm kinda new on this board, so please bare with me. What happens after I apply for naturalization?
    How long do I have to wait to here from INS? Can I leave the country immediately after I apply or will I miss my turn? Please advise.

Guys,
    I'm kinda new on this board, so please bare with me. What happens after I apply for naturalization?
    How long do I have to wait to here from INS? Can I leave the country immediately after I apply or will I miss my turn? Please advise.

Comment

Hello and

to ILW

What state and what service center did you file?

with that info. you can check uscis.gov and check processing times for n-400 for your state and service center.

if you are from arabic country, expect long time before name check comes back.

How long are you looking to leave for? makes a difference, you dont want to be outside of country more than 6 months and you certainly dont want to miss your citizenship interview.

Congrats. are you applying based on marriage or residency?

Comment

It doesn't matter what country you are from. I'm British and been waiting 15 months for Natz interview. I know of another Brit whose been waiting since Aug 2005 for his AOS interview.

I really hope the new proposed bill in the House becomes law soon. There has to be a legally binding timeframe placed on the USCIS & FBI to end this neverending "namecheck pending" nonsense.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

4now!
          I haven't filed yet! my question is the following: assume I file tomorrow and leave the country the very next day, will I miss anything if I get back within 4 weeks?

What happens after I file?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bouree:
            Guys,
            How long do I have to wait to here from INS? Can I leave the country immediately after I apply or will I miss my turn? Please advise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
            How long are you going to be out of the country after you file? It will not be a problem if you visit for a month or so as you stated, but it could be a problem if you are out of the country for more than 6 months. The M-476 Guide will probably answer most, if not, all your questions. Good luck.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation