Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal, Visa and with Social

This person is in the United States legally on a visa and received a work permit from the INS. She has a social security card and reapplies according to law yearly for her visa. My question is what forms would she need to file for permanet residency?

This person is in the United States legally on a visa and received a work permit from the INS. She has a social security card and reapplies according to law yearly for her visa. My question is what forms would she need to file for permanet residency?

Comment

@ncramos: some more information would probably give you a successful answer. It depends on what visa she holds...non-immigrant? Is she has a USC or PR husband? How does she want to apply for permanent residency? Just out of the clear sky just like that? Hard to answer with the information provided above...can you clarify?
      Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

J, you surprise me with your sense of humor. Hey, you're right though - more symptoms, better diagnosis.

Comment

@RN: thanks...I'm glad I suprised you....what can you expect from a scientist, eh? Anyway, I guess I suprised this guy as well since he/she isn't responding at all!
          Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

LOL... I was not near my desk over the holiday weekend. Sorry for not explaing the situation alot clearer.

female, is in the US with a 1-94 also employment auth. is married to a resident alien has one child who is a us citizen. emplouyment authorization expires 03-08-2008 (not much time). she wants to apply for her resident alien card. she is in the US right now and will need to apply now. does she need to file I-190 or I-485 or both? no wise remarks just need information on which form to file. help

Comment

Hi Ncramos,

I am b.u.m.p.ing your post so that the senior members can see your question.

Good luck!
              Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

If the husband is a permanent resident, she may not yet be eligible for an AOS (I-130/I-485) petition/application, respectively. You should find out when the husband can apply for naturalization or when her F2A priority date will become current (based on her country of origin). It will also help if you can find out what's the basis of her expiring "work authorization" and her "I-94" which hopefully can still be extended (if necessary).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation