Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: Sponsoring wife, what forms to be filled up

Hi, I'm a US citizen. I'm applying for my wife to bring her here as an immigrant.What are the forms I use? At first, I-130 along with g-325a?

Then, what is wait time? What are the next steps and associated forms to be required down the line?

Thx a lot for your help.

Start with the I-130. After its approved, the file will be sent to the NVC for Consular Processing. There are a few things that need to be done before the G-235a, such as Choice of Agent, Affidavit and Support, fee payment etc and most of these steps are done with the NVC, not the Consulate. The NVC will send out each step as it's required.

It will take around 12 months.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thx, Aroha.

In the instruction for I-130 it says I also need to send G-325A (Biographic Information) both for me and my wife along with I-130. Thats what making me confused.

Comment

Ah, yes. Sorry, it's been a while since I did this. LOL. It's the DS-230 parts that come later. You do need to send in the G-235A with the I-130.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks, Aroha, for your quick reply and help with this.

Comment

Regarding filling up Form G325A for my wife, what should she write for the question:

"Applicant's last address outside the United States of more than 1 year".

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

She has never been to United States.

Comment

She should use her current address, newday.

Comment

Thx, Aroha. Please correct me if I am wrong.I think this question may apply for spouse who is already here in USA.

The format for this question is : From(Month/Year) To(Month/Year)

In my wife's case should I put "N/A", because she has never been here?

Waiting for the response...

Comment

I would appreciate some help on this please.

Comment

Sorry, newday. Totally missed this.

Use the dates she's been at her current address. It's a generic form, but that's how we did it.

Comment

You should take advice from an visa expert they will help you to get an visa & solve your problem regarding visa & immigration.
                      us green card

Comment

The unfortunate Aftermath,
                        She will Create situations and she will be protected but you will not. You have given the ultimate sacrifice of every part of your life as an American. The laws and rules only apply to citizens within USA. If she wants to destroy you for her benefit and extended family she can very easy! You will become illegal From the dominoes that will fall from the plan you knew nothing about!
                        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation