Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this possible???????

My estranged wife who is an overstay, left the US in Sept to be with her mother b/c she was sick. This should have triggered a 10 year ban. She didn't have any approvals, or a green card we applied, then she left( before she went home) so I cancelled everything. I just got a call from a friend who said she is back in the US.. Just a few days ago. How the hell is this possible????

My estranged wife who is an overstay, left the US in Sept to be with her mother b/c she was sick. This should have triggered a 10 year ban. She didn't have any approvals, or a green card we applied, then she left( before she went home) so I cancelled everything. I just got a call from a friend who said she is back in the US.. Just a few days ago. How the hell is this possible????

Comment

send more details.

Comment

The plain facts are that she should be subject to the 10 year ban. Trust me I know the drill. She had a pending I130 & I485 that was denied after I cancelled the process 2 years ago. I know she left in Sept 06 to go home to Brazil...she told me, I talked to her on the phone from Brazil last week. She didnt mention that she was coming back. I know she couldn't b/c of the ban. Now I hear she is back in the US? I don;t see how.....what do we have idiots at the DHS & Customs area in NY?

Comment

Let me guess.... her mother got sick and she needed $3000 for an operation???

Comment

NO request for money at all. Before she left things were amicable. She did call from brazil, and I talked to her a few times a week, but only once in the last month. I called her back at her number in brazil, so I know she WAS there. I was actually hoping she wouldn't come back, so I could finally wash my hands of her. Does any know how this was possible? What are there forged documents available? If they were to have scanned her passport, she should have been flagged!

Comment

She can just walk in from South America, no one bothers to check

Comment

The operation was $3000, school was $10,000 and the sisters abortion was $250,

... the judgements against her were $12,000 and the legal costs to her are unknown

What goes around comes around

Comment

Mikey, don't get me wrong; but you cancelled the processing of her paperwork 2 years ago. Don't you think it is high time for you to move on and forget about her?

Let her live her life the way she wants to. Move on and be happy.

Comment

You people are ****ed up! All I was asking was how this country has immigration laws that some of us have heartache over..(green card process) that you all write about your horror stories. I am pointing out that things are messed up if we have these laws that are applied when they want to. In my opinion, if they make you go through hoops to get a loved one a green card, and bust ***** so bad until you want to give up, when they are in the US. How can someone just waltz back in the front door? Don' ask me why I care its none of your business. That was not my question. My question was how can this be possible?????? When she left I got nothing but grief from the DHS in trying to get her back here. All I was told was there were a million different forms to file, and waivers, and $$$ and then maybe depending on the hardhip, maybe she would get approved in a few years. This system is never going to be fixed

Comment

In short, there's no legal way for he to come back after a 10 year ban kicked in. Most likely she crossed the border illegally and that in itself triggers a 20 year ban if she leaves or caught.

Cheers.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sup:
                        In short, there's no legal way for he to come back after a 10 year ban kicked in. Most likely she crossed the border illegally and that in itself triggers a 20 year ban if she leaves or caught. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't be the first time that an alien "sliped" through the POE and legaly entered the USA although has a ban on returning. All it takes is an immigration officer not being too alert. With processing a hundreds of visitors and others a day, that can easily happen.
                        That does not mean it is all over. Sooner or latter her record will catch up with her and she will have to deal with it.
                        There was a story recently about a man who overstayed, but was able to enter the USA many times, before he was stopped and sent back.

Mickey, do you know if she had a valid visa?

Comment

MIkey, you married her while she was an overstay?? - Or did she have a vaild visa while (and the entire time) you were married to her? I'm guessing she didn't have one, and now you care about illegals and how they shouldn't be allowed to do this?? You went along with this before and during your marriage. Gimme a break. This criminal never should have been here past her visa time limit, and you're the moron who went along with it. You should have thought about this before you married her.

Comment

This is why I only marry mail order brides from Russia; THEM YOU CAN TRUST !!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                              This is why I only marry mail order brides from Russia; THEM YOU CAN TRUST !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation