No announcement yet.

do i need visa going to mexico?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • do i need visa going to mexico?

    by driving throu the border of san diego and tijuana.. im green card holder..

  • #2
    by driving throu the border of san diego and tijuana.. im green card holder..


    • #3
      Bring your passport. I am an American, but was only asked to bring my birth certificate.


      • #4
        All permanent residents of the United States of America (Green Card Holders) or Canada DO NOT need a visa to enter Mexico for tourism.

        You will only require:

        1) A valid passport (three months minumum)

        2) A valid INS Resident Alien Card or Green Card

        3) A Tourist Card (FMT) which is provided on the aeroplane, bus or ship. Unless you are traveling for less than 72 hours within the border zone (usually no further than 20 miles south of the U.S. border except in Baja California and Sonora which have extended their zones)

        If you are either staying in Mexico longer than 72 hours or traveling past the Border Zone you will need to pay the 190 peso Tourist Card fee (roughly $20 US dollars). The card, known as the Migratory Tourist Form (FMT) is valid for six months (180 days) with multiple entries. Make sure you ask for the full 180 days even is you plan to stay only a short time. You never know if you may return in those 180 days.

        According to the law you must have the Tourist Card on you while traveling (make a copy if possible in case original is lost). You can pick up a card at the border, just stop at immigration as you cross into Mexico.

        Immigration will not take money for the card, you must go to a bank (there is usually one next to Customs). You can also pay the fee at any bank in Mexico, where upon they will stamp your Tourist Card paid. You must then go back to immigration, or the next immigration office in the next town you visit, and have them stamp your card as valid. Make sure you do this right away, do not wait until your trip is half over. Your best bet is to take care of all of this at the border.


        Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

        Home Page

        Immigration Daily


        Processing times

        Immigration forms

        Discussion board



        Twitter feed

        Immigrant Nation


        CLE Workshops

        Immigration books

        Advertise on ILW



        About ILW.COM

        Connect to us



        Immigration Daily