X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MakeItRight!
    replied
    LOL!!! Maybe After 5 pages? the OP Will Understand!

Do Not Travel The Road That Leads nowhere!!!! Every Path Takes A Little Bit Of Sole Off The Shoes!!! The Narrow, Smoother, More Direct Path Saves The Shoes!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Better to make the attorney an ally instead of an enemy. The ex spouse will be angry, vindictive and irrational. The attorney can talk them into being rational and accept a fair compromise. But not if you act like an a -hole.

You think the attorney is the enemy; but she is not. Lawyers are prostitutes; they will f**k anyone for money and its nothing personal. But if you treat a prostitute with some kindness they will much more receptive and kind in return.

Leave a comment:

• swissnut
    replied
    Sounds to me like you are checking into whether or not you can cite the immigration attorney. But nevertheless, You are in the process of annuling this marriage, and therefore removing yourself from his immigration case.In that event, your soon-to-be ex-husband wouldnt be wrong to maintain the immigration attorney he's been using, regardless of who has been paying the attorny's fees, since, as you say, he attended the meetings with you and is the direct beneficiary of the attorney's assistance.

By the way, the "card" you play can work both ways! Perhaps the reason your former immigration attorney did not proceed with your request to follow up with immigrtation and report your suspicioins of fraud, is for the very reason that she was already representing the interests of your husband!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by calicowest:
    Swissnut,

I have not began any process of citing the immigration attorney. Do you have information that I began that process? I was inform there is a conflict of interest, and with this knowledge I have became aware of it. I am not grasping at any straws or sticks for that matter. When one becomes aware, then one gains knowledge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• Michael (Power of Ilw)
    replied
    Some just don't get it. They think they are lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Excuse me dimwit, I have already told you that whatever information you got on the conflict of attorney is wrong and that you are wasting your time going after her. When one becomes aware and gain knowledge, they usually change direction unless they are dimwits. I am one of the leading experts in this area, breaking all records on the MPRE and you are insulting me by ignoring what I told you. Stay focused on your target, not the attorney.

What is not crystal clear about this that you can not seem to grasp?

By the way; WELCOME TO THE ILW BOARD !!

Leave a comment:

• calicowest
    replied
    Swissnut,

I have not began any process of citing the immigration attorney. Do you have information that I began that process? I was inform there is a conflict of interest, and with this knowledge I have became aware of it. I am not grasping at any straws or sticks for that matter. When one becomes aware, then one gains knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• swissnut
    replied
    I see nothing unusual in an alien retaining the initial immigration attorney to continue the immigration process, even after divorce. In fact, it seems logical to me. Why get another individual when this ojne has familiarity with one's case?

I think you, calicowest, are grasping at straws in trying to cite an immigration attorney of wrong-doing, rather than to focus on the "slam-dunk" case you claim you have. Why are you even bothering with this attorney? Have you retained him/her? If not, then what's the issue?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by calicowest:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Good Afternoon Board,

I have been informed by an Immigration Attorney, that if the attorney who completed immigration documents for the husband and I continue to work for my hushand is in conflict of interest because of dual representation. I contacted this dual immigration attorney by phone and mention this conflict to her, and she told me to go after her, and hung up the phone on me. Over a year ago, I phone her to tell her about my husband concealing his mental illness for U.S. Immigration medical application, and she ask me what she wanted her to do about that, I told her I wanted her to inform Immigration. In hindsight, she was representing me too, and she failed to comply with my request. My husband is currently represented by her, and I didnt not waive or elected to allow him to be represented by her. She is well aware I have revoked my i-130 Petition and in family law court annulling marriage based upon fraud. Does anyone her have had experience of conflict of interest with Immigration attornery dual representation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Calico,

Is the immigration attorney representing your husband in the divorce? I guess I'm confused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, she is representing him in Immigration matter only, she has requested a duplicate green card for him, changed of address, and she is assisting him trying to remove conditions on his conditional greencard coming up at the end of this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave a comment:

• Michael (Power of Ilw)
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael (Power of Ilw):
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael (Power of Ilw):
    She never represented you. Did you pay her any retainer? Was there any consultation session between you two? I don't see any conflict of interest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Based upon the trained and licensed Immigration advice, when the immigration attorney signed the I-130 to begin the immigration process for my husband, I was the primary client, regardless of who paid her, and yes, we both were at her office completing documents throughout the process until we separated. You dont see a conflict, what's your experience to say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lady she only completed I-130 and now representing your husband. What is wrong with it? This is not a criminal or civil trial where she cannot represent him. If anything related to immigration fraud has to happen, it will be between US Govt and him. Not between you two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Besides your opinion, what authority or experience you have to back-up your knowledge of this subject? Please explain in detail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell is wrong with you woman? Do you ask everyone on this forum to provide their credentials before you take their opinion into consideration? Seems to me its not your husband but you who has mental illness. In a public forum when one posts the question, he or she should be ready to get answers from unknowns. Do you think any lawyer is going to surf here to provide answers for free? They are busy out there minting money.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    I received one of the highest scores ever recorded on the MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam). It is not a conflict of interest if proper procedure was followed. The lawyer should have contacted you to tell you that she is no longer representing you and should have returned all of your files to you. She may use any information given in the joint representation; you waived that when you saw her together as far as that is concerned. Your best cause of action is against the spouse. Going after attorney is a diversion of your time and energy.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Good Afternoon Board,

I have been informed by an Immigration Attorney, that if the attorney who completed immigration documents for the husband and I continue to work for my hushand is in conflict of interest because of dual representation. I contacted this dual immigration attorney by phone and mention this conflict to her, and she told me to go after her, and hung up the phone on me. Over a year ago, I phone her to tell her about my husband concealing his mental illness for U.S. Immigration medical application, and she ask me what she wanted her to do about that, I told her I wanted her to inform Immigration. In hindsight, she was representing me too, and she failed to comply with my request. My husband is currently represented by her, and I didnt not waive or elected to allow him to be represented by her. She is well aware I have revoked my i-130 Petition and in family law court annulling marriage based upon fraud. Does anyone her have had experience of conflict of interest with Immigration attornery dual representation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Calico,

Is the immigration attorney representing your husband in the divorce? I guess I'm confused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, she is representing him in Immigration matter only, she has requested a duplicate green card for him, changed of address, and she is assisting him trying to remove conditions on his conditional greencard coming up at the end of this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a few others here who might know the answer to your question, Calico. I haven't seen them logged in today, but they'll probably check in soon. Await their replies. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• calicowest
    replied
    Good Afternoon Board,

Hi Calico,

No, she is representing him in Immigration matter only, she has requested a duplicate green card for him, changed of address, and she is assisting him trying to remove conditions on his conditional greencard coming up at the end of this year.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Good Afternoon Board,

Hi Calico,

Is the immigration attorney representing your husband in the divorce? I guess I'm confused.

Leave a comment:

• calicowest
    replied
    She never represented you. Did you pay her any retainer? Was there any consultation session between you two? I don't see any conflict of interest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Based upon the trained and licensed Immigration advice, when the immigration attorney signed the I-130 to begin the immigration process for my husband, I was the primary client, regardless of who paid her, and yes, we both were at her office completing documents throughout the process until we separated. You dont see a conflict, what's your experience to say that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lady she only completed I-130 and now representing your husband. What is wrong with it? This is not a criminal or civil trial where she cannot represent him. If anything related to immigration fraud has to happen, it will be between US Govt and him. Not between you two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Besides your opinion, what authority or experience you have to back-up your knowledge of this subject? Please explain in detail.

Leave a comment:

• Michael (Power of Ilw)
    replied

Over a year ago, I phone her to tell her about my husband concealing his mental illness for U.S. Immigration medical application, and she ask me what she wanted her to do about that, I told her I wanted her to inform Immigration. In hindsight, she was representing me too, and she failed to comply with my request. My husband is currently represented by her, and I didnt not waive or elected to allow him to be represented by her. She is well aware I have revoked my i-130 Petition and in family law court annulling marriage based upon fraud. Does anyone her have had experience of conflict of interest with Immigration attornery dual representation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She is under no obligation to inform immigration authorities. As a matter of fact, no one is under obligation to report immigration crime. Yes, if it were a criminal then you have to but immigration laws are not treated as criminal. Second, an attorney cannot report his/her own client.

Leave a comment:

• Michael (Power of Ilw)
    replied

Lady she only completed I-130 and now representing your husband. What is wrong with it? This is not a criminal or civil trial where she cannot represent him. If anything related to immigration fraud has to happen, it will be between US Govt and him. Not between you two.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation