Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To marry and then apply?

For the past 4 years, I've been dating a woman who lives in Belgium (a visa waiver country. She has two kids, ages 11 and 13. I travel there once a month and she travels here once a month without any problem. Now I want to get married and have them live here. I'd like to put the kids in school for the new school year (September 4, 2007). I've been on the internet and it seems like a bureucratic nightmare to get them here legally. My original thought was for us to get married on one of her visits and then just apply with an I130. But this won't resolve the problem of getting her legally by september (they say they are only now processing requests from last october!). We both plan to continue to travel to Europe regularly, and the kids need to visit their father for school breaks (part of the divorce decree), so once she is here, she just can't plant herself and wait for the paperwork to be approved.

Does anyone know of a way to cut through the red tape and get her here legally and quickly, or am I dreaming?

look into K1 fiance (and K2 for fiance's children) visa. It is faster than I-130.

Once she receives it and arrives into the USA as a finace, you should get married within 90 days and file for adjustemnet of status. If she and children apply for "advnace parol", they can travle while waiting for green card.

Comment

Thanks. If I file all the right papers and don't hit any glitches, do you know how long it might take to get the fiance visa? Is there anyway to expedite the process?

Comment

Once she receives it and arrives into the USA as a finace, you should get married within 90 days and file for adjustemnet of status. If she and children apply for "advnace parol", they can travle while waiting
        Should not take more than 3 or 4 months. Depends on the state and number of solictation of this kind of Visa. Since I see you are in NY the time frame might be longer. Good Luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation