Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background check

What exactly is checked in the background check? This is a general question.. There is nothing to hide on either part of the marraige. Do they do a check on the US spouse as well... or is it just the alien? We will be applying for the K-3 Visa soon and this is the only question I was unsure of EXACTLY what is checked.

Thank You in Advance for Your Comments....

What exactly is checked in the background check? This is a general question.. There is nothing to hide on either part of the marraige. Do they do a check on the US spouse as well... or is it just the alien? We will be applying for the K-3 Visa soon and this is the only question I was unsure of EXACTLY what is checked.

Thank You in Advance for Your Comments....

Comment

anyone have any answers for me?

Comment

Everything you put on your application is subject to checking. For both of you. They will check with the normal people (FBI, NCIC, etc) to see if there is anything on that person, also consulate from country she/he is coming from.

Comment

OK then that helps... There may be one problem though. My other half entered into the Us. illegally in 98, he was here for a total of 2 months. Should we put this on the application or leave it as no he had never entered the US. He was kinda stupid as well he got a consular ID, or whatever they are called for Id puposes. I would rather not hide this fact from immigration officials if it is going to come up in the background check anyways. Any advice. I have nothing to hide at all. He really has nothing to hide either but if the ID will cause problems then I would rather tell all and face the consequences.

Please any advice will be greatly appreciated..
          Thanks in advance!!

Comment

?

Comment

What do you mean by consular ID?

Comment

the ID that the consulate issues. I think this is correct, because from what I know it is definetly NOT a US Id. He said he got it from the consulate while he was here. BTW I did not know him in the time he was here. So I am a bit unclear as well on the ID situation. Alls I know is he got one while he was here and he said it is from the consolate of his country. I hope this makes sense so someone can advise me a little further on what to do.
                Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed