I-485 pending after I-130 approval following FDNS home visit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ETHANMICHAEL:
    Thanks for the heads Yes its a B1 tourist visa and i actually got married b4 my I-94 got expired , but applied for my status to be changed with USCIS like 6 months after I-94 expired ........ ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a reason why it might be in review. I was told many years ago by my old immigration lawyer not to leave it too long between getting married and filing for AoS (I-485) and I was still in status all of that time (about 4 months).

In your case you went out of status yet waited to file it. Any reason why so long? Normally time out of status is forgiven if married to a USC but they can become suspicious if you wait too long between marriage and filing.

There has been a move recently to deny those who marry within the authorized stay period (I-94) but subsequently file for AoS after the 90 day authorized stay period has expired if having entered on the VWP (visa waiver program). Maybe they are starting to take a closer look at those on a tourist visa as well?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ETHANMICHAEL:
      Thanks for the heads Yes its a B1 tourist visa and i actually got married b4 my I-94 got expired , but applied for my status to be changed with USCIS like 6 months after I-94 expired ........ ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a reason why it might be in review. I was told many years ago by my old immigration lawyer not to leave it too long between getting married and filing for AoS (I-485) and I was still in status all of that time (about 4 months).

In your case you went out of status yet waited to file it. Any reason why so long? Normally time out of status is forgiven if married to a USC but they can become suspicious if you wait too long between marriage and filing.

There has been a move recently to deny those who marry within the authorized stay period (I-94) but subsequently file for AoS after the 90 day authorized stay period has expired if having entered on the VWP (visa waiver program). Maybe they are starting to take a closer look at those on a tourist visa as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

B.S.
      GESTAPO is not writing or enforcing regulations in the USA. All individuals are free to marry and file papers whenever they want or see fit. However, misuse of visa is valid reason to deny visa. Marry someone and file I-130/I-485 within 90 days of entering US as a non-immigrant or have indication of a preconceived intention to do so and you are likely to get your file scrutinized beyond ordinary.
      The rest is B.S. Just another ***** sent here by haters to scare bejeezus out of trusting and naive immigrants who may be visiting and reading this forum. And, fyi, VWP specifically prohibits adjustment of status, regardless of any other factors.
      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
        Are you sure it's an F1 visa you have? F1 is a student visa. I think you might mean a B1 visa which is a tourist visa.

The approval of the I-485 can take several months or more sometimes and it will say it's pending while you wait. Nothing unusual there. If it's been more than say 6 months, you might try an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and ask whats happened.

Assuming it is a B1 visa, how long after arriving in the USA did you marry? That could have an effect on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The poster is fake, doesn't even know difference between b1 and f1 visa . i haven't heard of a visitor to usa who wouldn't know what visa they came under, unless it's someone in post-retirement age. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Made a mistake earlier does not mean i am fake or some thing i have a B1 visa and i got married to the love of my life like 6 months after i arrive in the US ,. I just want to know what it is with my situation fellas .

Thanks . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go ask that nerdy ***** with tie and reading glasses who wrote on chalkboard and instructed you how to spread BS in public forums. I bet was one of John Tanton's splinter org classrooms...

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Another faker bites the dust

Comment

HA HA HA HA, too funny!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs