Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me urgently, got this denial letter from district office

as u guys know from my previous msg, i went to joint interview for i 751 interview alone and officer said my petition is denied and i would not be sent in to removal prooceding s and told me to refile i 751 after gettin divorce and gave me 4 months, now i get mail from the same office stating my conditional resident status is terminated and employment authorisation is terminated. they told me to refile after gettin a divorce but dont give any timeline. and they also tell that i can request a review in removal proocedings, thats confusing because they r telling me both things refiling and removal and they didnt write that i m being sent to i j or removal proocedings concretly. what does this mean, will i be deported or will i get the 4 months time as officer provided orally to refile after divorce cos they didnt give me any timeline to re apply. should i mail them and ask for time to refile. i am so confused, plz guide urgently, any body, thanks

as u guys know from my previous msg, i went to joint interview for i 751 interview alone and officer said my petition is denied and i would not be sent in to removal prooceding s and told me to refile i 751 after gettin divorce and gave me 4 months, now i get mail from the same office stating my conditional resident status is terminated and employment authorisation is terminated. they told me to refile after gettin a divorce but dont give any timeline. and they also tell that i can request a review in removal proocedings, thats confusing because they r telling me both things refiling and removal and they didnt write that i m being sent to i j or removal proocedings concretly. what does this mean, will i be deported or will i get the 4 months time as officer provided orally to refile after divorce cos they didnt give me any timeline to re apply. should i mail them and ask for time to refile. i am so confused, plz guide urgently, any body, thanks

Comment

Call right away the 1-800 number,and talk to an officer if possible.Tell them exactly what you told us.
      Do you still have your reeipt of your one year extension??? when does that expire.
      Whats with your divorce? are you keeping track to have it finalized?
      talk to an attorney,have a consultation...
      sometimes INS sents mails without reviewing it.
      I assume what happened was,they saw on your file "your i-751 has been denied,for not showing up jointly to the appointment" that was the official and real reason.
      So,they probabaly had to sent you that letter because u got denied.But the officer told you,he gives you 4 months time to have the divorce finalized and re-submit your I-751 as waiver...just get your divorce behind you and resent it.Time is running out,probabaly the 4 months time line is turning into 3 months huh?

Comment

Hello Dadehar

The immigration officer told you that your "JOINT" petition was being denied. The paperwork you received reflects what he told you. Standard USCIS procedure would tell you that you can ask for review in remooval proceedings. Officer also told you to file waivor 751 petition based on good faith marriage and attach divorce decree.

Nothing to be confused about.. Finalize your divorce and file 751 waiver . Do not worry about removal proceedings, as it usually takes a couple of years for them to get around to it. Just make sure that your address stays current with them.

Good luck.

Comment

you need an immigration attorney to well document a waiver petition. CALL and make an appointment with an attorney!

Comment

Make sure your wife, or ex wife also helps you gathering every evidence...you need her for that.
            I am sure she has certain things that would also prove your real marriage,as silly as it may sound,old love letters maybe...silly pictures...cards...anything.
            Will she vouch for you? and help you out as far the waiver goes?

Comment

thanks guys,

hbk, as u know it 1 800 number, its difficult to speak to officer
              i still ve 1 yr extension till nov 2007 but does that hold good since they wrote my conditional residence is terminated as of nov 2006.
              regarding divorce, i still ve to file, hired an attorney already, he s makig up paperwork, problem is he s in md and i live in ny, so my wife is goin to be plaintiff. i ll call him to do it more fast, still he says, ll take 2 months. 3 weeks has already passed.my concern is , do u get other letter stating that u r being deported and to appear to immi judge on a date, or am i in removal already and how much time they take for removal. problem is i m a doctor doin residency now and they told me i m not authorised to work. can they send somethin to my hospital stating that. i know, time s running.thing is i dont want to go to attorney as last time iwas cheated. i m thinking of writing a letter to the district office explaining the thing. i n meantime, i ll keep paperwork ready so that once divorce is final, i ll send the stuff.

4NOW,
              do they really take 2 yrs, then that relieves me a bit. i m so confused and tense cos being doctor and worked so heard to get in to residency and almost finished my 1 st yr, my future looks in a mess, if i dont complete it

Comment

can anybody please help with above query, thanks

Comment

also from the letter, it looks i m out of status. can status be regained now at all cos i heard if u r out of status, its very difficult to get it back

Comment

I believe that you are out of status and deportable until you are divorced and can reapply.

And as you have no status, you have no work authorisation.

I doubt that they will come looking for you, I would concentrate on getting the divorce finalised asap.

What the Employer does is up to them, I do not believe that they will be contacted, never heard of that happening anyway.

Comment

thanks, but before deporting, do they send u in front of immi judge

Comment

yes they do. Hire an experienced immigration attorney.

Comment

Hi Dadehar

Yes, you will get a chance in front of IJ before . If for some reason you are ordered to appear, IJ will grant extension for you to get your divorce to file 751 waiver. That notice to appear can be in 60 days or as I said , could be as long as 2 to 3 years. Just keep your address current so that you dont miss a notice. Then you will have big trouble from not appearing.

Also, remember that even if USCIS denies your waiver, you will still have a chance for review of decision, and the IJ himself may adjust your status.

Worst case scenario..... just remarry.

Comment

Call an immigration attorney right away and get legal counsel !

Comment

thanks all u guys, really appreciate it

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs