Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just got receipts from Missouri for AOS, what's next for EAD card?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got receipts from Missouri for AOS, what's next for EAD card?

Hello,

two general questions for those whose AOS cases are first sent to Missouri.

I filed AOS (765, 130, 485)based on marriage to USC wife with the Denver office of USCIS 3 weeks ago, I just received the receipts from Missouri service center a couple of days ago saying my application has been received.

For both my i-765 and i-485 receipts, I was told in the letter from INS to call the 1-800 number to schedule for fingerprinting.

Actually, only the i-485 receipt says to schedule for fingerprinting and biometrics, whereas the i-765 receipt only says to schedule for biometrics. Does anyone know the difference? Do you need to schedule one or two fingerprinting appointments with your AOS application?

Another question, what happens next? Will I receive a letter from Denver separately for an appointment for the EAD card? if so, Don't you get your fingerprints taken during the actual EAD card appointment? Then, why bother with the first biometrics appointment for i-765? Maybe this is all new procedure, has anyone gone through the new EAD procedure lately?

Thanks very much for your help in advance,

zz

Hello,

two general questions for those whose AOS cases are first sent to Missouri.

I filed AOS (765, 130, 485)based on marriage to USC wife with the Denver office of USCIS 3 weeks ago, I just received the receipts from Missouri service center a couple of days ago saying my application has been received.

For both my i-765 and i-485 receipts, I was told in the letter from INS to call the 1-800 number to schedule for fingerprinting.

Actually, only the i-485 receipt says to schedule for fingerprinting and biometrics, whereas the i-765 receipt only says to schedule for biometrics. Does anyone know the difference? Do you need to schedule one or two fingerprinting appointments with your AOS application?

Another question, what happens next? Will I receive a letter from Denver separately for an appointment for the EAD card? if so, Don't you get your fingerprints taken during the actual EAD card appointment? Then, why bother with the first biometrics appointment for i-765? Maybe this is all new procedure, has anyone gone through the new EAD procedure lately?

Thanks very much for your help in advance,

zz

Comment

one appointment for the two things. Just tell them when you call to schedule. You will not, hopefully, be going to the Denver office. Your EAD should come directly from MSC that's why they capture your biometrics. Fingerprints are for the AOS application.

Comment

Thank you bronzelady, I didn't know that it's now Missouri's responsibility to issue EADs for AOS cases. This must be new. I always thought that local INS does the EAD in such cases in the past.

Comment

ZZ i also filed AOS based on marriage to USC wife with the Detroit office and received the receipts and i got a letter saying i should schedule a date for my biometrics and fingerprinting in which i called up and went to the ASC and done it all.
          I asked someone in here how long it takes for the EAD card to arrive i was told it takes 2-3 weeks. I hope it is right.

Comment

Dejavultd,

I assume they told you that your EAD will come from Missouri, and not detroit?

thanks,

zz

Comment

Yes i know that but i didn't ask the officials over the ASC how long it takes till you get your EAD card in the mail. If you didn't receive your EAD after 90 days you can go pick up your interim EAD at the local district office.

Comment

the website below has information on AOS applications filed at NBC (Missouri). i hope you'll find it useful.

http://www.mnllp.com/enginfoFAMIV.html

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed