X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overstayed F1 visa holder...ask for advice

Hello!
    I've overstayed in USA as a F-1 visa holder for about 200 days. The reason of my overstay is that I got dismissed for some personal reasons. So I couldn't register in Spring 2005. Then I just stayed here. Are there any ways to regain legal status? If I get admission from graduate school now, may I still have chances to reinstate? I am thinking of this because some univ. in Louisiana and Texas are accepting students because of the hurricane Katrina's influence. It is not too late to apply and get admitted, but is it too late to get reinstated?

Thank you!

Hello!
    I've overstayed in USA as a F-1 visa holder for about 200 days. The reason of my overstay is that I got dismissed for some personal reasons. So I couldn't register in Spring 2005. Then I just stayed here. Are there any ways to regain legal status? If I get admission from graduate school now, may I still have chances to reinstate? I am thinking of this because some univ. in Louisiana and Texas are accepting students because of the hurricane Katrina's influence. It is not too late to apply and get admitted, but is it too late to get reinstated?

Thank you!

Comment

Hi!

it's best to meet with the International Student Services of your school. they will be abel to help you, possibly to reinstate your F1 status. Your school has your SEVIS records. I hope this helps.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation