Overstay visa, just married an A. citizen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

read her post again (and again and again)...she is whining because she thinks it's 'unfair' that she has to return home and wait for the process to conclude....and tries to claim that the US economy will founder if she, and only she, cannot stay here during said process...oh woe is her.....sniffle sniffle...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. B.:
      Hi S12,

Yea, I can understand your point...But as RoughN mentioned, that's what the USCIS does. RoughN didn't invent the rules. And I for one certainly won't go around telling people that they are illegal aliens to their face. (Besides, as he mentioned, these people are subject to deportation anytime if they happen to be in the wrong place and at the wrong time.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's correct, Mrs. B. In this very uncertain age and time in American immigration history, here's a classic example of the "wrong place-wrong time" thing that we were talking about just sometime back.

ICE at work in South Texas

by Greg Moses

""I had a client who was arrested by ICE at her home at around 5:00 am. Agents knocked on the door loudly yelling, "Police, Federal Officers." Her husband answered the door half asleep and as soon as he opened the door the agents forced their way into the home and knocked her husband down. Of course, the agents start yelling at him and start going through the house to look for people. My client was in her bed as was her child. She was forced up and handcuffed while in her night clothes. The child awoke and saw all of this happen and as expected of a child started to cry. Instead of showing any compassion at all the agents start yelling at the child to shut up, then yelling at the parents to make their child shut up. They had to beg the agents to let her put on clothes before they took her away. After being arrested and before physically making it in transport to the detention center, my client was "asked" to sign a voluntary removal no less than 4 times. Fortunately for her, she was insistent with the agents that she would not sign their papers and they would just have to put her in jail because she wanted to see an immigration judge. My client was not a criminal. She had no criminal history at all. She was married to a United States citizen and had applied for her "papers" through him. What was her immigration violation that would warrant a pre-dawn home invasion? She overstayed her visitor visa." Interview with Jodi Goodwin, Apr. 6, 2008." [emphasis added]

http://texascivilrightsreview.org/phpnuke/modules.php?n...ile=article&sid=1207

Comment

RoughN, unless it's a K-1 visa, getting married and staying isn't on any non-immigrant entry package.

Actually, I understand where FloridaFem is coming from (although I haven't read her posts, I have often asked the question of myself - why am I jumping through these hoops, when I could've just come over as a tourist and not left?).

I won't judge anyone and if the questions are asked by illegals or overstayers, I'll still answer to the best of my knowledge. But it does bother me that overstayers get a faster route to residency and citizenship. Where is the incentive to do it right from the start? It's just another flaw in the system that people are exploiting and on my bad days, I kinda wish I had.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

the OP is not in possession of two years worth of approved extensions for her 'tourist' visa, she has admitted she is an overstay (i.e. a visa cheat) and marrying some douchebag cleaner who lives in a trailer park does not bestow any status upon her, ergo, she is a visa cheat, a liar, a scam artist.....now, if the OP really has permission from MY government to be here, let her download the form to this site.....but we will all be collecting social security by the time she does this, since she is not in possession of same.....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
            RoughN, unless it's a K-1 visa, getting married and staying isn't on any non-immigrant entry package. ...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't agree with you more. But I don't know why you addressed the statement to me that way. If you'll read back along this thread, I've been giving my opinion based on what's happening actually on the ground - not how I like or dislike it.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
              Yes, but you said you're here for 90 days as a VWP alien. The purpose of your trip is very limited: tourism or business. Working and/or getting married for immigration purposes (AOS on US soil) are not included in your entry package. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was this comment I was referring to, RoughN.

The rest was just a general comment and my own thoughts on the subject. It wasn't directed at anybody in particular.
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Oh ok, Aroha, that's alright then, no harm-no foul. It just came to me with a little bit of castigating or reprimanding tone. The misimpression was all mine.

Comment

I dont think someone 12 cant get any fresh air ,he is in hell.no fresh air.

Comment

Another example of fredy's third grade grammar skills.....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation