Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About approval@ what is next?

I'm a Permanent Resident, but withing a few months will be apply for a Citizenship. I did apply for my children, who are over 21, the petiiton I-130, and was approved this month. My question, can you tell me what are the process after, how long to wait and what to do if I become a Citizen? Thank you.

I'm a Permanent Resident, but withing a few months will be apply for a Citizenship. I did apply for my children, who are over 21, the petiiton I-130, and was approved this month. My question, can you tell me what are the process after, how long to wait and what to do if I become a Citizen? Thank you.

Comment

Nina2:

Once you become a Citizen then you can write to USCIS informing them that you have now become the US Citizen, and your I-130 petition should be upgraded to children of US Citizens, that will cut down the time, provided they are unmarried.
      1- How long you had been the Permanent Resident?
      2- When did you file the petition I-130 for your
      Children, who are over 21 years?
      3- What year? and where?
      This will help many of the LPR's
      On this board their are many members who are as good as attorneis. they can also help you.

Let see what they have to say in this regards.
      Guys HELP US

Comment

Thank you Adam for your reply. Ok, let me answer your questions;
        1. Married to US Citizen and getting 3 years of Ann. of marrige @ Green Card(Conditional@Perm)
        2.Children unmarried over 21
        3 Applied in 2003
        4. Got Approval in April 1, 2005

So, what next, anyone can tell me,please?

Comment

Forget to mentioned, that I applied I-130 petiiton in Vermont

Comment

Nina2: You have recived the approval of I-130 for your childerns under 21 years of age.
            Are they with you in US? Once you have the approval you can file for I-485 for the Adjustment of Status.
            Your USC spouse filed the petition for you. Have he/you included your Childrens names in this petition. OR you file separately for Childrens?.
            If they are from first marriage then your spouse should have adopted them, since he got married to you.
            He could have included the childrens with you since they were under 21 years of age. And if they were in US they could have received the GC with you.
            I will suggest that you call Customer Service at USCIS and try to find out what they have to say in this regards.
            One of my relative have done the same processing for his childern who were ubder 21 years of age,in 1999.
            I hope some of the members might be able to give us some more information on this matter.
            With best of Luck

Comment

Adam, I did say here about children after 21, not under 21 years old. So the is a big difference as you know. Thanks, and I hope the are under that age of 21...
              Well, anyone can advice, or say from experience what to expect when you recieved approval notice of I-130? Please, reply!We need to share our experiences, otherwise how we can help each other? Waithing....

Comment

It was an error on my part, I am sorry.
                Where are the children now?

Comment

Nina2,

I believe that if your children are NOT in the US, you need to go through Consular Processing. If they are here you need to file I-485 to adjust their status. I have to do the same, but I still need to filed I-130.

I am curious about how you filed I-130. Did you file for your children using your conditional residence, or your USC husband filed for them?

It seems to me that even with an approved I-130, if your children aren't here, you need to wait for the priority date to be current in order to start the Consular Process. Some other people may know more and post more information about that.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation